The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pickup rings for a Spectrum ST?

2 posters

Go down

spectrum - Pickup rings for a Spectrum ST? Empty Pickup rings for a Spectrum ST?

Post by therebehounds Tue May 07, 2019 7:46 am

Hi all - Jim here. Just picked up my first Westone as bit of a project, and would love it if you can answer something for me...

I love the neck on my Spectrum, but it's got the first UBCs in it. Not for me.

I have a set of PAFs lying around I'd love to try. Only problem is, they're covered, while the UBCs are uncovered.

Does anyone know if a standard PAF pickup ring (like the flat ones on a Les Paul) will fit the Spectrum without modification? Soldering I can do - carpentry, not so much  Laughing

If so, I can pick up (hah) a set from Stew Mac or somewhere. But if there's anything special or awkward about the dimensions, I'd love to know first before I go ordering parts,

Thanks in advance - all the best Very Happy
therebehounds
therebehounds

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-05-07

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Pickup rings for a Spectrum ST? Empty Re: Pickup rings for a Spectrum ST?

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sat May 11, 2019 4:39 am

Your covered pickups should fit inside the existing rings, I've done this myself with no modifications needed
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Pickup rings for a Spectrum ST? Empty Re: Pickup rings for a Spectrum ST?

Post by therebehounds Sat May 11, 2019 5:50 am

That is a great name  study

They're a few mm too small - might just have to carve them out a little to fit in that case
therebehounds
therebehounds

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down