The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie here, but I've had my Westone a long time.

2 posters

Go down

westone - Newbie here, but I've had my Westone a long time. Empty Newbie here, but I've had my Westone a long time.

Post by metalheadbill Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:07 pm

Hi folks, this is my first post here. I'm just trying to get a bit of info on my Westone

This was my first guitar, I picked it up brand new in 1987, maybe 88. I played it for quite a few years but then it sat in my basement for a long time. I pilfered some parts from it for other guitars and it generally sat neglected. Recently I dug it out and cleaned it up. I added new knobs, got the rust off the pickups, replaced missing springs etc. Now I remember how awesome it is. Especially the neck. I've had many guitars over the years but have never found a neck quite like this one. It still plays well and the neck is straight but I'm afraid the truss rod is shot and it isn't adjustable at this point. I have no idea why that would be though, it was never abused or anything. It just spins and doesn't seem to do anything. The bendmaster works fine but the fine tuners are rather loose so it doesn't stay in tune very well.

Does anyone know what model this is? I think it's a Spectrum? Unfortunately the serial number fell off years ago. Any idea what the neck profile is? Are any current manufacturers that make a similar profile? I've had multiple Charvels and Jacksons over the years but they weren't the same. The closest I can think of is Ibanez perhaps. 

Anyway, any info is appreciated, thanks!
metalheadbill
metalheadbill
Registered Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-04-28

Back to top Go down

westone - Newbie here, but I've had my Westone a long time. Empty Re: Newbie here, but I've had my Westone a long time.

Post by metalheadbill Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:09 pm

westone - Newbie here, but I've had my Westone a long time. Img_8911
westone - Newbie here, but I've had my Westone a long time. Img_8912
westone - Newbie here, but I've had my Westone a long time. Img_8910
metalheadbill
metalheadbill
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

westone - Newbie here, but I've had my Westone a long time. Empty Re: Newbie here, but I've had my Westone a long time.

Post by corsair Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:24 am

Mate, I think it's a Spectrum III - XA1330 - because of the Bendmaster Deluxe and the control layout, but I could be well wrong!

The necks on these guitars is, as you so rightly point out, an absolute belter! I cannot give you any facts or figures on it, and cannot even tell you what shape it is...I just know that the necks on my late model Westones are as flat as one thing and just blindingly fast and supremely comfortable to dig in on!!

I like your guitar, man!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:25 am

http://www.westoneguitars.net/guitars/spectrum-series/spectrum-iii/
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by metalheadbill Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:21 am

Thank you sir! That certainly looks like the correct model. It was driving me crazy trying to find the exact one. I would love to find a modern guitar with a similar neck.
metalheadbill
metalheadbill
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down