The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Everyone - New Westone player

4 posters

Go down

westone - Hi Everyone - New Westone player Empty Hi Everyone - New Westone player

Post by ImDaveAngel Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi everyone

New member here, been playing guitar for 25 years on and off, but today received a Westone Guitar from my wife for Christmas (Merry Christmas everyone!)

It's not on your guitar lists that I can see, looks to have a rock maple neck and fingerboard with triangular style inlays, Twin humbucker with what looks like 1 passive and 1 active pickup.

The body shape is the issue. I have attached a picture (I think!) That shows the guitar (excuse the mess in the background, it's the maids month off Wink )

I hope someone is able to identify this guitar, as I am looking for recommended relief/string height/pickup height as the setup is so low it buzzes everywhere.

Hope someone is able to help. Thanks!

Merry Christmas!westone - Hi Everyone - New Westone player Img_2011
ImDaveAngel
ImDaveAngel

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-12-25

Back to top Go down

westone - Hi Everyone - New Westone player Empty Re: Hi Everyone - New Westone player

Post by corsair Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:04 pm

G'day, Dave! 

I'm pretty sure that this is a 2000s BC Rich Mockingbird copy, made when the Westone name was in German hands and we really don't know too much about them! 

Our main focus is the Matsumoku made guitars with the early Korean made ones in the mix as well... plus the Sid Poole Westones made in England.

The feeling is that the German-marketed Westones were only copies of existing mainstream models and thus not really of as much interest to us.

Your guitar is very likely a great player and it doesn't matter what name is on the headstock as long as you like it and play it!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

westone - Hi Everyone - New Westone player Empty Re: Hi Everyone - New Westone player

Post by Barry Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:07 am

Hi Dave.
Here's a little bit of information on the German made Westones LINK

If the logo on your guitar looks like that one then it's likely German. Anything else and I suspect it's Chinese made. Either way this model is not one of the models that we focus on here.

As for setting up the guitar that should be a personal preference. There are many 'rules of thumb' but no magical settings other than what works for your comfort and playing style. After 25 years you should have a pretty good idea what that is. Wink

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8695
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ImDaveAngel Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:48 am

Thank you both for your replies.

It's a shame that these names are sold and some units are made under license as it makes research so much trickier.

I will just go by feel and see what the setup tells me about the guitars past.

You've been very kind, thank you Smile
ImDaveAngel
ImDaveAngel

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaCormyr Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Looks in decent shape. Just hope the truss rod works for ya! Now that you`ve been here, you know what to look for eh? Razz    Enjoy!
ZaCormyr
ZaCormyr
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2018-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down