The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prestige adding a coil split rainbow II wiring

3 posters

Go down

prestige - Prestige adding a coil split rainbow II wiring  Empty Prestige adding a coil split rainbow II wiring

Post by gogooder Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:09 pm

So I have my trusty prestige 250 and it will always be my first best guitar. $400 in 1990! 
Anyhow it has the rainbow II wiring I believe and i want to be able to coil split the neck or even both with a push pull volume pot.
I am pretty knowledgeable on standard wiring but this peg phase,etc is got me confused to say the least. I have the diagram for the rainbow II but  Is there a diagram anywhere that shows how to split the coils? and what pot would i need to pull this off?
gogooder
gogooder
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-06-15

Back to top Go down

prestige - Prestige adding a coil split rainbow II wiring  Empty Re: Prestige adding a coil split rainbow II wiring

Post by gittarasaurus Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:36 pm

try -> this

or -> this

guitarelectronics has all the parts too

Last edited by gittarasaurus on Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add links)
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

prestige - Prestige adding a coil split rainbow II wiring  Empty Re: Prestige adding a coil split rainbow II wiring

Post by gogooder Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:12 pm

yes I understand that part, but what happens to all the cool stuff the PEQ does. I don't want to lose what the guitar has, just add an additional split coil function.
If you search for the rainbow II wiring it will come up, I am new member and i am not allowed to add a link.
gogooder
gogooder
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:25 pm

if you add a push/pull to get a single coil setting, then you disrupt the PEQ setup, because that is for 2 coils, either series or parallel.
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gogooder Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:06 pm

same if adding a toggle?
gogooder
gogooder
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:40 pm

same for any kind of switch device
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gogooder Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:57 pm

one last question? is there a way to re-wire the peq tone pots to be a coil split instead of what it does when I turn it all the way up
gogooder
gogooder
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:31 pm

the PEQ lets you choose; parallel coils (full up) or standard humbucker (center notch).
the tone control works to reduce treble only in humbucker mode

i don't think they can be rewired for a single coil setting.

if you want a single coil setting, you will need to replace the PEQ pot(s) with a p/p pot(s). then, you can choose humbucker or single coil by the p/p switch, and the tone control will function for both settings.
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:46 am

Can't see the point of having a coil tap.

Won't sound much different than the parallel setting.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down