The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

String lock set and Switchmaster knob for Spectrum Fx

2 posters

Go down

string - String lock set and Switchmaster knob for Spectrum Fx Empty String lock set and Switchmaster knob for Spectrum Fx

Post by Slimm Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 am

I have a Spectrum Fx that belonged to my cousin. I got it when he passed suddenly and it has sat for ~25 years in it's case. He was an amazing musician and played/used his guitar more than he cared for and maintained it. One knob and all of the string locks were missing and I want to replace them. I spent about 10 years doing machine work and can make the parts but being a high level amputee and suffering 6 herniated disc, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis and a few more health problems I would rather buy the items and move on to finishing my learning to play. My cousin was helping me learn to play when he passed, I haven't touched a guitar since.
Slimm
Slimm
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2018-01-12

Back to top Go down

string - String lock set and Switchmaster knob for Spectrum Fx Empty Re: String lock set and Switchmaster knob for Spectrum Fx

Post by corsair Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:18 pm

If you PM Sgt Vimes, he may be able to help you with the locking plates but the knob is a little more awkward - those that have spare ones tend to hang onto them as they are peculiar to Westone and thus as rare as rocking-horse crap!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

string - String lock set and Switchmaster knob for Spectrum Fx Empty Re: String lock set and Switchmaster knob for Spectrum Fx

Post by Slimm Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:02 am

Thank you corsair for your help. I am working on just making a couple sets of knobs with a friend that has a machine shop. 

Slimm
Slimm
Slimm
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2018-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down