The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD!

4 posters

Go down

spec* - Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD! Empty Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD!

Post by darrensimoes Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 am

Hi all, new here. I inherited a Spectrum FX as part of a trade. Honestly, this thing is awesome for what it does. Plays great and sounds solid. Kind of blown away actually. Unfortunately it just doesn't suit my style and I have no need for it or don't forsee it being a "collectors item" in my collection, so I'd rather bring it to people who are have interest in these guys.

From what I can tell, everything is original except for the locking nut (looks to be one from a Floyd Rose) with the truss cover missing. The only notable issue I have is I'm not getting any signal from the middle pickup. It's wired up, but I don't know much about that from a technical aspect or how to troubleshoot it. All other functions are working great otherwise, including the coil tapping and phase inverting.

I have it listed locally for $425. I'll post a link. Obviously I'd love a local buyer with cash, but shoot me a message or a text if there's something we can work out. Also willing to negotiate as necessary, as I'd rather not hold onto this too long. If I need to post it on Reverb or Ebay to do a transaction for protection, I can do that as well, as long as the shipping and fees are covered.

Contact me with any other questions. Thanks everyone!

NOTE: I guess I can't post a link here as a new member, but you can search Phoenix, AZ, USA Craigslist for it. I'll post a pic here as well.

spec* - Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD! Img_0016
spec* - Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD! Img_0020
spec* - Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD! Img_0019
spec* - Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD! Img_0018
spec* - Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD! Img_0015
spec* - Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD! Img_0017

Last edited by darrensimoes on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:55 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : adding pictures, price change)
darrensimoes
darrensimoes
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-08-21

Back to top Go down

spec* - Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD! Empty Re: Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD!

Post by darrensimoes Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:05 am

Price bump down to $350. Any interest?
darrensimoes
darrensimoes
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

spec* - Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD! Empty Re: Selling a 1986 Spectrum FX - $SOLD!

Post by Barry Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:28 am

Oh, lots of interest. bounce

But the Canadian exchange rate + import duty + shipping quickly puts this out of reach of we poor 'ole Canucks!

(I added the link to post#1) Thanks for posting, she's a beauty. Good luck with your sale.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8687
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Yeah, buddy - as bad as the Canadians have it, the exchange rate AND shipping pretty much lower the boom on this for an Australian!

Shame, too; I'd really quite like it, but alas....
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DimensionIV-addict Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:38 pm

Drool 2  Did you say interest?.. White, heelless, easy fixer.. Oh heck yah!

But, just as mentioned above it's not the lack of interest, it's the lack of funds on my end.
Wanted one like... forever.

With exchange, freight, duties... it would be at least double that to get it here.
Now if you were my neighbor... Wink

Best of luck and welcome to the forums.
DimensionIV-addict
DimensionIV-addict
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by darrensimoes Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Thanks all, I ended up finding a buyer yesterday. He was pretty stoked. 

That being said, I've seen a few other Westones floating around my area including a Spectrum V 5 string bass (listed for $75) and another red FX...
darrensimoes
darrensimoes
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DimensionIV-addict Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Darn! Just got the ok from the wife.. Laughing
DimensionIV-addict
DimensionIV-addict
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:37 pm

Congratulations on the sale!
Could you post those other items too, with links and prices? Perhaps someone here is looking. Wink

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8687
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down