The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Electra Futura Model XIPW

4 posters

Go down

electra - Westone Electra Futura Model XIPW Empty Westone Electra Futura Model XIPW

Post by doneaster Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi, I'm new here and recently bought a Futura Model XIPW. It was in fair condition with 1 Volume Knob Missing and the Push-Pull tone switch for the bridge pickup doesn't work but I cleaned it up and put a new set of D'Addario Strings on it and was totally amazed at how great it sounds. As near as I can figure, based on the Serial Number it was made in 1984. Does anyone else on here have a guitar like this and if you do please contact me I have a few questions. Thanks
doneaster
doneaster

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-06-10

Back to top Go down

electra - Westone Electra Futura Model XIPW Empty Re: Westone Electra Futura Model XIPW

Post by Barry Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Hello Don, welcome.
I do not own this model but the wiring on most Westones (and most Mats made guitars) is similar. The push-pull coil split was a standard feature on many models.

If something's not working, it can either be something as simple as switch corrosion, a loose connection, or in more serious cases a broken coil winding.

Have a look at the wiring diagrams for the Spectrum series for an idea of what goes where: LINK

As for a new knob, they were a unique proprietary item and you'll not find an off the shelf replacement. They are as rare as rocking horse poo. Best to look on eBay.

As a matter of interest, Matsumoku also made a similar guitar series called the Urchin under the Aria Pro II label. Have a look at he Matsumoku.org site for more info:
Urchin Models Link
Catalogue Scan

p.s You were posted in the For Sale Forum, I moved your post to the Technical section. Wink

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8683
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

electra - Westone Electra Futura Model XIPW Empty Re: Westone Electra Futura Model XIPW

Post by gittarasaurus Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:58 pm

i've got one...
electra - Westone Electra Futura Model XIPW Ry%3D400electra - Westone Electra Futura Model XIPW Ry%3D400electra - Westone Electra Futura Model XIPW Ry%3D400
it's a rocker!
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:20 pm

I also actually have both Futurama red and white as well as the black Futurama bass model. The white reverse image is my favorite of the group
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down