The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first Newby posting

2 posters

Go down

My first Newby posting Empty My first Newby posting

Post by BeeRye Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:06 pm

Hello all,  This is probably SO simple, I just haven't seen them around - Those Muffin-shaped black control knobs (I've got 2 out of the 3) for what I assume is an '84 X-185.  Also, I'm assuming these ARE the stock items (bigger around at the top).
  Anyhow, I finally got my 'break' in locating my 1st Electra Westone; broke-in-half to be exact.  I'll be stripping, glueing, clamping and copying the blueburst; so my crack don't show.  Even with a vicious "Wild Party" type injury, it still plays fine.  You can see the neck was used as a lever to split the body at the neck pocket.  Gorillas and Jack Daniels, it neverworksout. (Say that with a dive-bomb in your voice.)  Thanks for any help.   Are there any cracked-in-half emo-cons?
BeeRye
BeeRye

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-03-26

Back to top Go down

My first Newby posting Empty Re: My first Newby posting

Post by corsair Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:29 am

Yep... been there; done that: Aria Pro II Urchin snapped in half across the control cavity!!

The Switchmaster knobs are like Rockinghorse poo; unless someone's got a spare they'll let you have, or you cop one from eBay, it's a fruitless search - good luck!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down