The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bendmaster Saddle Possible Replacement?

4 posters

Go down

saddle - Bendmaster Saddle Possible Replacement? Empty Bendmaster Saddle Possible Replacement?

Post by meggeth Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:45 am

Hi, I really like old Jap guitars and have recently purchased a black Westone Spectrum II, along with a red Spectrum SX, (£60 for both!) and am doing a little work on them (also got a Kimabara strat recently too). Seems a common problem that the bendmaster on the SX get height adjust screws locked, I have 3 like this and have managed to free one, but the others are a real pain! Trying to find replacement saddles is obviuosly very difficult, but I did come accross these. I've checked dimensions as best I can, and they seem about right when compared with the old saddles, but would obviously need a 30mm adjust screw. I know that they're from China, and might not be the highest quality, but for £4, might be worth a try? If you wanted a full set, you'd have to order 2, as the right hand side ones are reversed and there is no string slot underneath and so cannot be turned upside down. Any thoughts?

Search for -

6 String Guitar Bridge L Shape Saddle Fr Electric Guitar Installation Facilitate

(Cant post a link yet as I've just joined!)
meggeth
meggeth
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2017-02-08

Back to top Go down

saddle - Bendmaster Saddle Possible Replacement? Empty Re: Bendmaster Saddle Possible Replacement?

Post by corsair Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:58 am

Hmmm.... I've had one height adjustment Grubb screw that needed soaking in diesel for a week to get moving but I wouldn't have thought it was a major problem on the FT bridge, especially not with the elephant in the room; the fragile string claws!! :-) All I can suggest is that you either soak them in diesel - or other penetrating fluid - or try some gentle heat??
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

saddle - Bendmaster Saddle Possible Replacement? Empty Re: Bendmaster Saddle Possible Replacement?

Post by meggeth Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:05 am

The other problem is that the hex head is worn, it's virtually a circle! Did soak them for a couple of days, then tried to twist using small mole grips on the small bit of thread sticking out, but no joy. Maybe more soaking!  Smile
meggeth
meggeth
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:43 am

Where are you in this world Meggeth?
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by meggeth Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:44 am

Stoke on Trent UK. Phaps I need to fill in my profile details!  Smile
meggeth
meggeth
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by meggeth Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Just wanted to update - I went for this, fitted the saddles and they seemed to do the job nicely!

saddle - Bendmaster Saddle Possible Replacement? 20170908_171414_zpsrzh1fb2e
meggeth
meggeth
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by meggeth Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:40 am

Ooops! Try again.....

saddle - Bendmaster Saddle Possible Replacement? 20170910
meggeth
meggeth
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by jacknutting Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:26 am

Late to the party, but could you post a link to where you bought these saddles?
jacknutting
jacknutting
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2020-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by meggeth Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:12 pm

Hi, sorry for late reply. These are the ones, but you'll need to buy two sets, as 3 are one way and 3 are the other way. They come from China, so do take some time to arrive!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VS2-6-Saddle-Guitar-Bridge-for-Telecaster-Tele-TL-Electric-Guitar/254796587994
meggeth
meggeth
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down