The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED: Thunder II (Bendmaster Deluxe) Bottom E Saddle

+3
Westbone
Barry
urban_paranoia
7 posters

Go down

saddle - WANTED: Thunder II (Bendmaster Deluxe) Bottom E Saddle Empty WANTED: Thunder II (Bendmaster Deluxe) Bottom E Saddle

Post by urban_paranoia Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Well, I've not been on here for some time...primarily because I've been Westone-less. Sad

However, that was swiftly resolved today when 2 came along - a Thunder 1A bass and a Thunder II 6-String. Very Happy

Sadly, the Thunder II is missing a few bits and bobs - the most critical being the bottom 'E' saddle.

saddle - WANTED: Thunder II (Bendmaster Deluxe) Bottom E Saddle 0_zpsba3utgbo

saddle - WANTED: Thunder II (Bendmaster Deluxe) Bottom E Saddle 5_zps5w9ciqbo

Anyone got one spare? (ideally in the UK)

The Thunder 1A bass needs the correct knobs, but that's another story...

saddle - WANTED: Thunder II (Bendmaster Deluxe) Bottom E Saddle Image_zpsgxg4a5kl

Last edited by urban_paranoia on Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inserted images.)
urban_paranoia
urban_paranoia
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-04-17

Back to top Go down

saddle - WANTED: Thunder II (Bendmaster Deluxe) Bottom E Saddle Empty Re: WANTED: Thunder II (Bendmaster Deluxe) Bottom E Saddle

Post by Barry Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:41 pm

Can't see the pix here. Having trouble posting perhaps?
See this post if you need help. Wink

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8689
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

saddle - WANTED: Thunder II (Bendmaster Deluxe) Bottom E Saddle Empty Re: WANTED: Thunder II (Bendmaster Deluxe) Bottom E Saddle

Post by Westbone Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:36 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Vintage-Electra-Westone-Bendmaster-Deluxe-tremolo-Chrome-Saddle-1-/111311298301?hash=item19eaab9efd:g:7rEAAOxyhXRTM36q

From memory I think they have a number on the underside as they're different heights to account for the radius. So you'll need the same number as your skinny E.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adey Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:49 am

I didn't know that Westone did an HSS Thunder.

Looks nice
Adey
Adey
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2014-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by punkyjam67 Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:04 am

Adey wrote:I didn't know that Westone did an HSS Thunder.

Looks nice

Korean-made - 'Version 4' - as shown here on the website (bottom of the page):

Thunder II

I saw one a few years ago & was sorely tempted (love the Thunder shape, love having a locking trem), but missed out in the end.

A couple of nice guitars there, u_p - I love those red wing Thunder I-A basses Very Happy
punkyjam67
punkyjam67
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:39 am

Yep... I've got 4 orphan BD saddles in my spares box; I'll check and get back to you if there's an E. 

There's not been any numbers underneath the ones I've played around with but the difference between the Es, A/B and G/D is quite marked and easy to differentiate.
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:36 am

I would abandon the idea and purchase Floyd saddles instead.  See if they work.  They are locking, as well. 

This version was based on the Floyd Rose II, so locking floyd saddle may stand a chance at working? 

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down