The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approx Value? Thunder II Bass Version 3

4 posters

Go down

BASS - Approx Value? Thunder II Bass Version 3 Empty Approx Value? Thunder II Bass Version 3

Post by Meadows Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Long story short, went to look at a guitar this evening and the guy mentioned he also had a Westone bass which he might be looking to sell (might!!!).

It was a Thunder II version 3, shorter scale length finished in Pearl silver in it's original case, serial number began with a 3. Condition was 9/10, case 7/10, played superbly, one owner from new.

Any "Rough" idea on the value would be most appreciated, he was suggesting £350 which felt a little high.

Many thanks as always guys Smile
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

BASS - Approx Value? Thunder II Bass Version 3 Empty Re: Approx Value? Thunder II Bass Version 3

Post by punkyjam67 Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:01 pm

Meadows wrote:Long story short, went to look at a guitar this evening and the guy mentioned he also had a Westone bass which he might be looking to sell (might!!!).

It was a Thunder II version 3, shorter scale length finished in Pearl silver in it's original case, serial number began with a 3. Condition was 9/10, case 7/10, played superbly, one owner from new.

Any "Rough" idea on the value would be most appreciated, he was suggesting £350 which felt a little high.

Many thanks as always guys Smile

Personally, I'd say that was a bit on the high side - that's more early Thunder II/Thunder III money to my mind. I appreciate that Westone prices seem to be relentlessly on the rise, though, and I am VERY tight-fisted! Wink

A Thunder II v.3 in Pearl Silver is my one real remaining 'want' guitar-wise, however (it was the first Westone I played & left a lasting impression), so if I had the money & it was in excellent condition, especially with an original case, I'd probably be handing the dosh over now... Smile
punkyjam67
punkyjam67
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

BASS - Approx Value? Thunder II Bass Version 3 Empty Re: Approx Value? Thunder II Bass Version 3

Post by Meadows Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Thanks Punkyjam, I'm tempted to offer around the £275 mark and gauge his response accordingly.

It is the first Westie I have seen in the flesh complete with it's original case, it fitted perfectly, a great package that would have inspired any player carrying it home from the store in it's hayday, or indeed today. It was also the first Pearl silver finish I have seen first hand, one truly stunning looking bass for sure, almost luminescent in finish.
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by punkyjam67 Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:33 pm

I would think something around there would be fair, although the case & condition do make it more desirable.

I came within a hair's breadth of being the one walking out of the shop with a white T. II (I always thought 'silver' was a bit of a misnomer), but in the end decided to stretch my finances (aka HP...) & went for a Black Ash Thunder III Smile
punkyjam67
punkyjam67
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalyst Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:39 am

I have a Thunder II v3 from 1983 and whilst my other basses sit snugly in cases this is the one I have out on the stand.
It suits me perfectly.
350 might be the top end value wise, but with the original case its not that far off the mark imo....and when is the last time you saw one for sale?
If you can get it down to 275 its a win win....
Catalyst
Catalyst
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:48 am

All I remeber of the one I had was that it weighed an absolute ton.

£350's a bit steep mind. Even £250!
Can think of a few great basses for that money but they don't have Westone on the headstock...Cool
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadows Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Thanks for the replys guys.

Luckily the weight on this one is very good and well balanced on the strap. If he decides to sell, I at least have an idea of where to pitch my offer now..cheers Smile
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Good luck with that.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down