The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pickguard for westone rainbow II : any replacements out there?

2 posters

Go down

Rainbow - pickguard for westone rainbow II : any replacements out there? Empty pickguard for westone rainbow II : any replacements out there?

Post by Joplin Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:32 am

Hi all! My first post here: I bought a version 2 Westone Rainbow II the other day and am smitten.. great guitar. Only thing keeping it from being pretty much original though is the missing pickguard. Does anybody know where a replacement could be found? or can I fit it with any other 335 339 esque pickguard replacement? thanks in advance for any info and glad to be on board!
Joplin
Joplin
Registered Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-09-24

Back to top Go down

Rainbow - pickguard for westone rainbow II : any replacements out there? Empty Re: pickguard for westone rainbow II : any replacements out there?

Post by Joplin Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:38 am

oh wait found this: http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t5265-rainbow-ii-scratch-plate-wanted?highlight=rainbow+II
thanks!
Joplin
Joplin
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Rainbow - pickguard for westone rainbow II : any replacements out there? Empty Re: pickguard for westone rainbow II : any replacements out there?

Post by Westbone Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:27 pm

It fits between the pickups 61mm. You may have to file a little bit to get it perfect. The problem is the hole for the bracket is in the wrong place and the bracket won't 'bend' to fit.

I happen to have one right next to me at the moment. I'll post a photo of a mod. in a short while.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:36 pm

Just make a little bridge ala Hofner style.
Could drill another hole in the body for the bracket but don't like doing that.
Fits nice and tight.

Rainbow - pickguard for westone rainbow II : any replacements out there? SANY2700_zpsf0kqyyuu

Still has protective plastic on.
Rainbow - pickguard for westone rainbow II : any replacements out there? SANY2708_zpskrsk86mf
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joplin Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:51 am

nice! even has a bit of westone on it;-).. I'm gonna try the guard of my tokai on it see if the looks improve and warrant a bit of handywork like that.. Thanks!
Joplin
Joplin
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down