The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1982 Westone Prestige, fitted Kahler Termolo on the bay UK

5 posters

Go down

Prestige - 1982 Westone Prestige, fitted Kahler Termolo on the bay UK Empty 1982 Westone Prestige, fitted Kahler Termolo on the bay UK

Post by Meadows Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:25 pm

Here is the link if you don't already have it Twisted Evil 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321857038759?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So a couple of questions please guys mainly because I no experience of Kahler trems:

Am I right in assuming the trem is totally a retro fit?

Will the fit have compromised the bridge or end piece saddles pins at all or does the Kahler just fit straight onto them without amending the body or damaging the finish?

Lastly how easy are Kahler's to sett up and maintain?

Thanking you
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Prestige - 1982 Westone Prestige, fitted Kahler Termolo on the bay UK Empty Re: 1982 Westone Prestige, fitted Kahler Termolo on the bay UK

Post by Sgt. Vimes Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:43 pm

Well,  why not ask them here Smile 

http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t4578-attic-prestige-250?highlight=Prestige
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Prestige - 1982 Westone Prestige, fitted Kahler Termolo on the bay UK Empty Re: 1982 Westone Prestige, fitted Kahler Termolo on the bay UK

Post by Meadows Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:23 am

Very useful link, thanks Pete Smile
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:51 am

No probs, its also sporting one of westbone's lovely crafted switch tips! 

You going for this?  They're a wee bit heavy ya naa.
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadows Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:33 am

Very tempted. It feels like the logical step up from the Rainbow which I am loving and the Kahler is a bonus for my playing style these days. Weight wise I hope it is well balanced on the strap, that will help I hope pale

If I'm stepping on toes let me know, there is always another day/guitar Smile
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:25 am

True, they are heavy buggers, but I can guarantee that the minute you strap one of these on you'll never want to play anything else. If you do go for it then get a good wide strap.
westcoaster
westcoaster

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalyst Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:23 am

I have a friend who lives in Finland... let me know if shipping becomes an issue and I'll ask the question.

Chances are he's not going to be living next door - but he'll be closer than you mate that's fer sho'

Says in the ad he's willing to post so you should be ok.
There's a Kahler on my Pantera which I am more than happy with.  Cool
Catalyst
Catalyst
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadows Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:40 am

Many thanks, that is very kind. Have PM'd the seller, just waiting to hear back now.......
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalyst Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:50 am

Don't bank on my Finnish friend Mr Meadows, apparently he is to Oulu what Lands End is to John O'Groats....

I didn't realise Finland was that big, suppose it needs to be to house all those lakes.
Catalyst
Catalyst
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadows Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:34 am

No worries but thanks for checking it out, I was planning on using the postage option offered TBH unless your bud literally drank in the same bar as the seller Drink Beer or indeed swam in the same lake Finland
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by pulu Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:20 pm

westcoaster wrote:...t I can guarantee that the minute you strap one of these on you'll never want to play anything else ...
Totally true Smile

I'm pretty sad to be selling this baby - if no-one wants it that's OK with me too Wink

It's 8.8kg including the case, 6.2 without. Worth it, it sounds incredible.

(Worth the weight. Geddit??)

The Kahler is an awesome addition. I've not had any problem maintaining it - it even survived some time in the attic and didn't need much tweaking when it came out. It's retrofitted, and while I haven't ever taken it apart, there is a massive great hole taken out from behind the bridge to fit the Kahler in. You couldn't take it off again. And why would you want to?

Gutted to sell it, but I'd rather it got sent to a happy home somewhere than got stashed back in an attic somewhere in Europe, which may happen.

For reference -

Bar: Kraali
Lake: Kuivasjärvi

Suomi perkele!!!
pulu
pulu
Registered Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down