The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB: Westone Concord III (HSS)

4 posters

Go down

Concord - WTB: Westone Concord III (HSS) Empty WTB: Westone Concord III (HSS)

Post by Lewligan Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:50 am

Hi guys,

First post here on the Westone forum, and I'm hoping to bag myself a good 'un!  Smile

Recently spotted Sarge's Westone Concord III (Onyx finish) over on The Fretboard, and I've spent the last few hours reading up on them.
Safe to say I now have a serious itch for one, and it needs scratching!

I've been interested in Westones (and other Matsumoku guitars) since I saw Kenn Gordon posting a few pictures of his collection over on Facebook.
He had some very tasty models that had me intrigued, but I've never really got round to pursuing one of my own until now.

So, I'm hoping to find myself a Concord III with the HSS config (can't be doing with single coils at the bridge).

For all I know, these could be incredibly rare and this whole post is a ridiculously long shot... BUT, here's hoping that there is one out there somewhere (preferably in the UK).

If I could find one with that beautiful Onyx finish, then even better!

Please let me know if you have one up for grabs, or if you can point me in the direction of someone who does.

Cheers,
Lew
Lewligan
Lewligan
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-07-28

Back to top Go down

Concord - WTB: Westone Concord III (HSS) Empty Re: WTB: Westone Concord III (HSS)

Post by Sgt. Vimes Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:16 am

Oh that itch needs scratching! 
Fwiw I've only ever seen 4 of these,  2 of which I owned, one up in Scotland and another down souf. 

Best of luck matey.
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Concord - WTB: Westone Concord III (HSS) Empty Re: WTB: Westone Concord III (HSS)

Post by Meadows Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:24 am

Lewligan, check this fella out comrade if you still got that itch

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-Rare-Guitar-Westone-Concord-III-Made-in-Japan-Matsumoku-Product-/181730614354?hash=item2a4ffd1c52
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewligan Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:44 am

Cheers for the heads up mate! If it was a bit closer to home, it would've been ideal.

Don't fancy getting spanked by shipping and import fees though, especially for a guitar that hasn't been checked carefully (in the seller's own words).

Certainly still on the lookout though.

Just to save me potentially over-paying, what would you say is an accurate value for a Concord III in generally good condition (£GBP)..?
Lewligan
Lewligan
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadows Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:55 am

No worries, and for sure, those extra fees can cripple a purchase.

Price wise on a CIII, well I have owned two in the last three years and paid between £175 and £250, both in fair condition, but if a minter came along???

Good luck in your search, another will come along for sure, it's just a waiting game Smile
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewligan Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:16 am

Meadows wrote:Good luck in your search, another will come along for sure, it's just a waiting game Smile

Thank you!

I'll continue to keep my eye out for one Smile
Lewligan
Lewligan
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:52 pm

Lewligan wrote:
Meadows wrote:Good luck in your search, another will come along for sure, it's just a waiting game Smile

Thank you!

I'll continue to keep my eye out for one Smile

then look no further!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-WESTONE-CONCORD-III-MIJ-JAPANESE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-spares-or-repair-/331625474672?hash=item4d366b2a70

you might have to stand on yer 'ead to play it mind!
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:33 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Rare-Guitar-Westone-Concord-III-Made-in-Japan-Matsumoku-Product-/181730614354?hash=item2a4ffd1c52
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadows Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:31 pm

There you go... Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westone-Concord-III-Electric-Guitar-/201407190826?hash=item2ee4cdd72a
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:15 pm

Like buses, all come at once.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewligan Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:23 am

Meadows wrote:There you go... Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westone-Concord-III-Electric-Guitar-/201407190826?hash=item2ee4cdd72a

That looks like a nice example!

Will get in touch to see if there's any budge in that price.
Don't really fancy paying £350 plus postage.
Lewligan
Lewligan
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadows Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:02 pm

Just my opinion but I reckon £300 including case is ok (ish). Hard to tell from the photos but there seems to be some scuffing on the front upper horn, might be worth pointing out.

You could always offer him a price off ebay given the 10% fees he will be saving... and point out there are quite a few other Concords on the bay at the moment you are considering..

Best of luck Smile
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down