The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locking nut Pantera X300

3 posters

Go down

locking - Locking nut Pantera X300 Empty Locking nut Pantera X300

Post by pootyman68 Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Anyone know where I can get a locking nut for my X300 bottom hole is stripped. I would like to find OEM, but if anyone could tell me a good replacement that would be great. Thanks!
pootyman68
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

locking - Locking nut Pantera X300 Empty Re: Locking nut Pantera X300

Post by colt933 Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:47 am

If your X-300 is not modified, then it does not have a locking nut. It has a string lock that is located behind the actual nut.

Floyd Rose has the patents on the double-locking tremolo, so if you don't pay his licensing fees, you can't really have a locking nut.

Gary Kahler is a smart guy and figured out how to achieve the same ends but through a different means.

Any Kahler-style behind the nut sting lock will work. You may have to re-locate the mounting holes, but this will not be visible once the string lock is installed. You should be able to find a pre-loved one relatively cheap on the bay.

Only the ultra-discriminating Westone fanatic would know the difference between the OEM Matsumoku string lock and a Kahler string lock. And on an X-300 I doubt it would make any diffence in the value of the guitar.

If you're looking to upgrade, then I suggest the now discontinued Kahler pro or deluxe sting lock which requires no tools. It is GREAT but pricey.
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Colt is dead right, and that's some good info; thanks, man! I am the ultra-discerning Westone fan referred to!!! Laughing Laughing

Now, one of our lads has recently fixed his stripped out threads on his BD locking base and has yet to show us how it went... cue Steve.... but I believe he has a method which is worth looking at, particularly if you're handy with your hands, or know someone that is.
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down