The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corsair xa1440

5 posters

Go down

xa1440 - Corsair xa1440 Empty Corsair xa1440

Post by Deanster Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:28 pm

I just got a Westone, I believe it to be a Corsair XA1440 ca. 1988. The serial # is 037743, which, I guess makes it a Korean model. Has a Bendmaster Deluxe (no trem bar yet), 3 toggle switches below 3 knobs, H/S/H, Gotoh tuners, and it is metallic pink with black binding. I got it from ebay for $152.00. I really like it so far.I need to replace the screws on the lock nut. And they are kinda funny. Flat head with a countersink shape. Does anybody think that I can find them? The guy on the Westone site wasn't advertising these at all.
Deanster
Registered Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

xa1440 - Corsair xa1440 Empty Re: Corsair xa1440

Post by Barry Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi Deanster, welcome to the Westone nut bar!
I'm sure the resident experts will be along shortly to take your order, especially Corsair. Smile

Meantime, on behalf of the guitar perverts here...please post some pix!
We love to look! tongue
Deanster wrote:...and it is metallic pink with black binding.
Oh Poll-l-l-l-y-y-y, your colour is calling!

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8695
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

xa1440 - Corsair xa1440 Empty Thanks

Post by Deanster Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:50 pm

I appreciate the welcome. I realize that I don't have a Motsumoku, but I have wanted a Westone ever since I picked up a Pantera 10 years ago. I am still kicking myself for not buying it, but I am just a bass player trying to learn to play guitar. At the time, bass gear was far more important. I have to admit, it is a fun little guitar. The pickups are just a little dead sounding. Is it a crime to change them out? I saw a pic of a black/white bound XA1440 here and it looks like one of the pups are after market.
Deanster
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Deanster wrote:...and it is metallic pink with black binding.
Oh Poll-l-l-l-y-y-y, your colour is calling!
[/quote]I thought that was John's color? Wink
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:10 pm

I thought that was John's color?
Nah.
Makes 'is arse look too big on stage. Razz

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8695
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by madmarcus1960 Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:17 am

Welcome aboard, I almost bid on that. It looked great but I won a XA1330 MIJ last month and won a XA1630 in need of a do over 2 weeks ago.
Replace the screws with what I believe is a 4mm screw, a socket head will work well. Look online. You should be able to find them. I actually had my 4mm threads strip out trying to get the strings from slipping. They were worn to begin with. I took the locking nut off and tapped the holes up to 8-32 threads and that hardware you can get in any hardware store.

Best of luck with it, it is pretty.
madmarcus1960
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Deanster Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:47 am

I sat down last night, tore this little skippy apart, and cleaned it up. Today she is a new lady. Can anybody tell me anything (as it would apply to feedback) about our friend selling Westone parts? I am truly elated to read anybody's post. It is VERY cool to be a part of this forum. I still need a tremolo arm and I just don't know if experimentation is such a great idea. This Bendmaster Deluxe threads on the inside, doesn't eberyone else go to the outside? Sounds kind of silly, but I was about to name the guitar Pinkie. Now I call it Little Finger.
Deanster
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by madmarcus1960 Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:57 am

I bought an arm and new nut lock pieces from him for the XA1630. Very fast and honest, and well made.
madmarcus1960
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Deanster Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:01 pm

That is good to know! I live in Tennsssee, U.S., and dealing with anybody that does business on the web has been tenuous (please, let me not look foolish in my usage of the word) at best for me. Does he provide any information about guitars?
Deanster
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Hello Deanster and Welcome! Smile

Ooh, let me see, let me see!
cyclops We are all dying to see your 'little pinky'! Laughing

If you go to the link at the top right of this page, ('Visit Westone.info') it will take you directly to Davids' site and he has information on there of all the Westone models listed. I can guarantee that you will have no worries about buying any spares from David either so you can get those bits and pieces ordered, safe in the knowledge that he won't diddle you out of your hard earned dosh!

Get some photos put up please, I'm sure it won't make my bum look big!
Laughing

Polly
:queen: :flower:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:02 pm

Hiya, Dean - first up, this could be a Matsumoku; no-one really knows and I'm inclined to think that it is made of Japanese manufactured parts then it doesn't matter where it's made; it's a Matt AFAIC!! Laughing

Westone parts is a good bloke to deal with; I've been buying bits off him for nigh on 3 years with no problems whatsoever; do you need the whole locking kit and caboodle or just the bolts, which are, as someone has already pointed out, just a 4mm hex head and available from just about any fastener supply outfit.

Yes, please - give us a look at this... (This is a guitar which I really fancy... and only the shipping charges and lack of a case inhibited bidding!) Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by madmarcus1960 Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:27 am

The reason I didn't bid was I placed it as an 89 Corsair Pro based on the catalog section http://www.westone.info/cats/newhorizons/01.html. Wasn't sure how much of it was made it Japan. Doesn't matter, nice axe. Personally not a big fan of separate toggle for pickups. i owned a beautiful Yamaha SSC500 like Jerry Garcia played at one time. it had 3 toggles, one for each PUP, never got used to it.
Enjoy your Corsair, Korea makes some fine guitars.
madmarcus1960
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Hiya, marcus, the Pro had Kahler hardware and the XA1440 I was looking at - and that I'm sure we're talking about here! - is Bendmaster equipped, amongst other things like reverse headstock, which is where the uncertainty lies as when Matt stopped production in Japan, all and any parts left over were taken to Korea and assembled there. I have 2 CL4112 Clippers in much the same boat in that they could be MIJ or MIK, though in the Clippers case I believe it's likely that they are MIJ because of the Bendmaster bridge; the MIK ones had a TRS101 FR clone bridge. But no-one really knows; even Spares is unsure and he's "THE MAN" when it comes to info about Westone!

I'm in complete agreement with you about the on/off switches for p'ups; crazy idea; the Clippers are so fitted out and it takes a bit of getting your head around onstage!! I may wind up in the future putting in a 5 way blade switch in one of them to make things a little easier!!

Anyway, regardless of where it was made - and you're right, Korea made some beautiful guitars!! - it is still one I quite fancy... Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down