The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wanted string clamp/locking nut whole assembly help!

2 posters

Go down

string - wanted string clamp/locking nut whole assembly help! Empty wanted string clamp/locking nut whole assembly help!

Post by demon2blade Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:15 pm

Hi , names ben I brought a lovely westone spectrum dx (x140) from eBay wasn't much loved by the previous owner now I intend to give it the tlc it needs however ... I need the whole string clamp assembly everything and have looked every where anyone know of a site or have one knocking about ?
demon2blade
demon2blade

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

string - wanted string clamp/locking nut whole assembly help! Empty Re: wanted string clamp/locking nut whole assembly help!

Post by corsair Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:08 am

Welcome here, Ben; ah... the bad news is that those items - especially the base - are an orphan peculiar to the Westone brand and the base is  not readily available; the lock plates and bolts are available but nothing else. The base is a little problematic becasue it's made of poop-metal and vigorous tightening of the clamp bolts - especially on the E/A strings can result in stripping the thread in the baseplate. which used to be terminal but these days is just a bloody nuisance as we've worked out how to fix it!

There is a Kahler behind-the-nut stringlock that works nicely; eBay or the Kahler site are perhaps your best shot!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

string - wanted string clamp/locking nut whole assembly help! Empty Re: wanted string clamp/locking nut whole assembly help!

Post by demon2blade Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:37 am

Thanks for the reply corsair ill check those out , realy want to get playing this beast !
demon2blade
demon2blade

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down