The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spectrum DX

2 posters

Go down

spectrum - Spectrum DX Empty Spectrum DX

Post by AndyGoblin Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:06 am

Been a long time since I came here but... pretty chuffed to have just picked up a Spectrum DX for £60! Got a few dings but the frets and neck are spot on and it has the original whammy bar, which is a distinct bonus. The DX was my first decent guitar back when I was 16 or 17 (paid £170 for it new) but sold it a few years later and always regretted it, so really pleased to have one again and to see how it compares to my Washburns. Anyway, small point of interest, this DX is an 85 model and fairly sure my original one was an 87, the only noticeable difference I can see being that the 87 model had allen keys for the locking nuts on the back of the headstock, which was handy and the 85 model doesn't.

The downside of this being that I have to make room for it so will post up my old Concorde in the 'for sale' section in the next few days. I got this one in a cash converters for peanuts and it became my 'office guitar' for a few years so never even plugged it in! Recently changed jobs and can't have it in the office anymore and don't have the time or funds to restore it as I would like so alas it has to go. It's a weird one as someone has drilled an additional jack/pot hole through the scratch plate for some reason and also looks like the neck has been stripped and a poor attempt at re-lacquering made (the logo is gone off the headstock and the first two or three frets the new lacquer has stripped away). It also has a few dings so was pretty sorry for itself, however it works fine when plugged in and the frets and neck are fine (as in straight and not worn) so it will make a fine guitar given the right attention. Anyway, will post it up with pics and invite offers Smile
AndyGoblin
Registered Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Spectrum DX Empty Re: Spectrum DX

Post by Sgt. Vimes Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:24 pm

Congrats on the new DX, fair price too. I have some locknut clamps and bolts should you need them  Smile 

Love Flag    I love me a Concord!

what flavour is it? 1, 2 or 3?

pictures pictures pictures!!!
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down