The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Spectrum FX - a bit of a whammy...

+2
corsair
brillstereodeck
6 posters

Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum FX - a bit of a whammy... Empty Westone Spectrum FX - a bit of a whammy...

Post by brillstereodeck Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Hello everyone just a quick question regards my guitar - which is the silver stone version of the spectrum with the bend master deluxe.. I still use it live with a variax (since the variax can't match the gain on the pickups on the spectrum, I tend to use it more for the guitar solos) and a pod XT...

But.. I lost my whammy bar during separation of my other love... and I want a new one... everything is there, the hole to fit a whammy bar that is, in the bend master - can I simply buy a whammy bar.. and I am good to go.. or do I need to buy extras to fit one ?

So the whammy is something I need... for some new stuff...
brillstereodeck
brillstereodeck

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-03-30

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum FX - a bit of a whammy... Empty Re: Westone Spectrum FX - a bit of a whammy...

Post by corsair Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:20 pm

Stewmac, under bars, imported 6mm.

Have you still got the collar that the bar goes through on its way to the sustain block?
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum FX - a bit of a whammy... Empty whammy bar

Post by brimy Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:07 am

Hi yes i need one too for my FX  Any info would be welcome x
brimy
brimy
Registered Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2014-04-02

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum FX - a bit of a whammy... Empty Re: Westone Spectrum FX - a bit of a whammy...

Post by Westbone Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:11 am

Send me a pm.. Smile 
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by steve 1961 Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:18 pm

hello all   Newbie here!!  I have a question hope im taking the right protocol here to post. My spectrum fx is missing the whammy bar and I see stew mac has a 6mm which was motioned on here. My question is , is there a locking nut that slides over whammy bar to keep it locked in?? If so is it available??? Thank you
steve 1961
steve 1961
Registered Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:31 pm

There is a collar that screws through the bridge baseplate and into the sustain block that the wang bar fits throughwhich is, unfortunately, unavailable new anywhere!

The good news, however, is that Westbone has a very elegant solution to this problem so I would suggest you PM him and take it from there!

So. What do you think of your FX then? We'd like to see it, you know!! Pics are always welcome here; front and back, top and bottom...Cool
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by steve 1961 Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:07 am

corsair,, thank you so much for the information. A little bit about my spectrum< I in  the late 80's I traded a chainsaw for this guitar. It wasn't very old. I played it in a band called The hometown Boys for about 6 years. There was a time after that the guitar got put away in the case for about 3 years. My son at the age of 16yrs. showed interest in the guitar, so I gave it to him and it left me for about 10 yrs and came back to me last year. The guitar had some issues so I took it to a guy in Dayton ohio and he installed a new top switch, polished the fret board and removed the lock down nuts, the whammy bar was missing, so my goal is to put it back to original or as close as I can get.
steve 1961
steve 1961
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by steve 1961 Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:18 pm

spectrum - Westone Spectrum FX - a bit of a whammy... S1200.photobucket
steve 1961
steve 1961
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:59 pm

I would humbly suggest that you re-visit the tech and get your stringlocks back if you want this back to OEM, eh; they're as rare as chickens lips!! Well, the bases are; our very own Sgt Vimes has a supply of lock plates that he sends out for the postage involved!
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:05 pm

steve 1961 wrote:...he...removed the lock down nuts...
Indeed, revisit the swine.
And I suggest you reciprocate in kind! silent  Twisted Evil

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8689
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down