The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International selling on Ebay... should I?

4 posters

Go down

International selling on Ebay... should I? Empty International selling on Ebay... should I?

Post by The Chad Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:00 am

Selling my Matthias Jabs sig. Strat on Ebay.  A German resident wants it (I'm in the US).  Should I sell to him and send it to Germany?  What are the pros and cons?  I don't want screwed on this, obviously.   

Any input is highly valued.  I'll research it myself as well.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

International selling on Ebay... should I? Empty Re: International selling on Ebay... should I?

Post by corsair Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:28 am

Don't see any problems if the buyer is paying shipping and you get your price; I've bought stuff from Germany and France with no problems at all....

Ship with the neck off unless its in a flight case would be my only caveat... aside from making sure the dosh is there before you ship!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

International selling on Ebay... should I? Empty Re: International selling on Ebay... should I?

Post by The Chad Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:41 am

Thanks for input brother. 

The Strat just sold!  That was fast.  Like the Led Zep song, it's "going to California".   Laughing   Kinda wish I'd have had time to answer the man from Germany, he sounded real interested.  These Jabs strats are rare as hen's teeth as they say.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:18 pm

I have had limited dealings with overseas buyers but make certain all your shipping costs are given up front and you have verification via ebay mail etc that they agree and of course verify address and ship only after payment clears.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadows Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:30 am

My personal experience bringing a Westie in from the states has been far from plain sailing. To date it has spent over 60 days in US customs with no explanation given or needed to be given.

USPS are not the easiest people to get information out of should there be any problems or delays. Going forward I would always use UPS
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:01 am

I've had two from the US, three or four from the UK, one each from France and Germany and a few a ross the Tasman in both directions with no hassles whatsoever.

Apart from the one time I bought an APII Inazuma V from California and had a cobber be the intermediary. It all turned to custard; the bloke claimed he'd sent it but JB said it hadn't arrived, and apart from some very agitated toing and froing on email, that was that!

But shipping; never had a problem with that though the guitar from Newcastle-upon-Tyne took 16 weeks to get to deepest darkest South Otago in NZ.....
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down