The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Pantera! ...original trem arm/socket type?

+2
corsair
guitsix
6 posters

Go down

socket - New Pantera! ...original trem arm/socket type? Empty New Pantera! ...original trem arm/socket type?

Post by guitsix Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi all,

I got this utterly fantastic looking and playing and sounding and countoured and big fretted, chunky but comfy neck guitar ...just languishing away in a pawn shop and got it for a nice price. Just a superb guitar and quite a surprise to me, as I haven't owned a Westone before but have owned many many other brands...It does need a good setup but even playing it as it, it sounds and plays wonderful....It didn't have the trem bar and came with the socket style pictured,  for a screw in Fender type...but, I'm wondering if the original was more like an Ibanez push in style? Or maybe it had the traditional Floyd Rose type socket with the exterior threads on the socket...Whichever way, I can swap between the different types as I have other socket styles ...I would like to get it looking original but also  think a  black trem arm arm would look cool on this guitar even if it's not the original color....anyway, thanks for any info!

socket - New Pantera! ...original trem arm/socket type? V8bz
socket - New Pantera! ...original trem arm/socket type? Okyk
guitsix
guitsix
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

socket - New Pantera! ...original trem arm/socket type? Empty Re: New Pantera! ...original trem arm/socket type?

Post by corsair Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:22 pm

Welcome here and you'll find what you need at Stewmac under "bars - imported, 6mm" for a reasonable price!

I notice, too, that you require the locking tabs, shims and bolts for the stringlock; our very own Sgt. Vimes has the bolts and tabs; the shims you'll need to make yourself from some 1mm thick steel. They go underneath the strings and stop the lock tabs on top from guillotining the strings!
Be aware that it is very easy to over-tighten the bolts - that base is poop-metal and it doesn't take much to strip the threads; it is recommended - by us in here!! - that a slightly longer bolt be used in the E/A spot because as it stands the E/A standard bolt is only engaging the thread by 2 or 3 threads!

That's a pearler, it really is; most unusual to see a burst in an X300 - mine is metallic pink! Here's a little reading for you!!

http://www.westoneguitars.net/guitars/pantera-series/pantera-pro-x300/
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

socket - New Pantera! ...original trem arm/socket type? Empty Re: New Pantera! ...original trem arm/socket type?

Post by The Chad Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:39 am

I have some behind the nut lock inserts and bolts (I think).  I don't know what color they are, however.  I'll look this weekend and see.

And that is a gorgeous Geetar!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by guitsix Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:07 pm

I just got some locking nut pieces and bolts from Sgt. Vimes (thanks so much!)...
guitsix
guitsix
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by guitsix Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:11 pm

The Chad wrote:I have some behind the nut lock inserts and bolts (I think).  I don't know what color they are, however.  I'll look this weekend and see.

And that is a gorgeous Geetar!

Thank you!...if you mean the inserts that go under the string and clamps that would be awesome, thanks!....Sgt. Vimes hooked me up with the actual clamps and bolts (thanks once again!)
guitsix
guitsix
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:46 pm

Yer welcome mate  Wink 

that guitar is just drop-dead-gorgeous!  nice catch!
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:56 am

Bear in mind you'll need 1mm shims underneath the strings on the stringlock!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:38 am

This finish may have just replaced the white and blue as my favourites on these. Really beautiful.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8689
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by punkyjam67 Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:45 am

That finish is absolutely beautiful - so much better in real life than the catalogue image, IMHO. I must say that the X275 isn't a guitar I've personally come across, let alone an X275CS, but that would look very nice alongside my X300...  Thinking Wink
punkyjam67
punkyjam67
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down