The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So this is Christmas and what have you done

+4
The Don
corsair
hoax
eyebulger
8 posters

Go down

So this is Christmas and what have you done Empty So this is Christmas and what have you done

Post by eyebulger Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Well for me this year Christmas started with an early morning look around the usual for sale sites.
So there I was just looking around with not a thought about buying anything (yes I do just look at times) when up pops this add that catches my interest. It's for a Thunder 1T with a price that catches eye. Now I'm really interested especially when it is right in my price range and there is also has a ONO bit at the end of the add. How could I resist making an offer. Well a couple of text messages later and the old girl is mine.
Not every day I get to buy myself a Christmas, but what the heck I'm worth it Smile

I'll post some pics when she is in my hot little hands.

Merry Christmas to all of you and here's hoping that you are all still hanging around here next year.
All the best for a happy and safe holiday season
Cheers
Don
eyebulger
eyebulger

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

So this is Christmas and what have you done Empty Re: So this is Christmas and what have you done

Post by hoax Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Same to you Don. Christmas is still 5 minutes away here. I will be on Ebay tomorrow - just looking!!

Hoax  santa
hoax
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

So this is Christmas and what have you done Empty Re: So this is Christmas and what have you done

Post by corsair Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:50 pm

...and the other thing we talked about wa-a-ay too early this morning?!?!

All the best,gang!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Don Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:07 pm

I seem to have ended up with (yet) another Spectrum GT  Embarassed . At least this one is Silverstone and not Blueburst.
The Don
The Don

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2013-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by eyebulger Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:24 pm

hoax wrote:Same to you Don. Christmas is still 5 minutes away here. I will be on Ebay tomorrow - just looking!!

Hoax  santa
Thanks mate hope you find something not to buy Smile
eyebulger
eyebulger

Back to top Go down

Post by eyebulger Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:26 pm

corsair wrote:...and the other thing we talked about wa-a-ay too early this morning?!?!

All the best,gang!!
Still no reply.
I might have to give him a call  Rolling Eyes
eyebulger
eyebulger

Back to top Go down

Post by eyebulger Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:27 pm

The Don wrote:I seem to have ended up with (yet) another Spectrum GT  Embarassed . At least this one is Silverstone and not Blueburst.
Keep at it and you will end up with one of each that they made Smile
eyebulger
eyebulger

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Merry Christmas to all, hope it's a Westone Christmas for all.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:13 pm

A belated Merry Christmas to all you warm buggers!
Here in Southern Ontario it continues to be a friggin' nightmare for tens of thousands of people in the wake of that vicious ice storm that hit last weekend. Electric power still hasn't been restored to them! And we're still getting snow and low temperatures.

I'm one of the lucky ones whose power stayed on, BUT, on a routine service maintenance of my gas furnace, on Christmas Eve yet, the technicians advised me that the damn thing was pumping out unacceptable levels of CO gas. Fortunately none of it was entering the house but they still had to "tag" it and shut it down! Long story short, we are keeping warm with electric room heaters and a gas fireplace until a new furnace can be installed.

When will that be? Thanks for asking. Monday, December 30! 7 days.
Could be worse I suppose, still, Bah, Humbug!

Update:
Early on the morning of Dec 27 (Friday), we received a call from the Utility. They found an available crew and would be coming within the hour to begin the installation of our new gas furnace and hot water tank!  cheers

I was not able to hang about since I had to leave for work at the shop, so I left my wife and son to enjoy the festivities. As I was driving down the street, I looked in the mirror and saw the truck pulling up to the house. I felt a little guilty about abandoning the family but it all went well, I fixed a bunch o' geetars, sold some stuff, and returned to a once again cozy home!

Oh Spirit, I'm not the man I was. I'm warm!

Last edited by Barry on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8687
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Well I am spending some quality Westone Jam time with my sons and I am also working on my two new Westones. I have a very nice clean original DimensionIV Bass and I have also scored a very nice White Monarch model but it needs a total re wire so that will be my endeavor for awhile. Photos to come soon.Arthur
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:38 am

Heppe, Heppe...... santa
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:41 am

Well my version of a westone Christmas was to buy another Iron Gear Pig Iron, Middle position for my beloved '82 Concord II, I now have pig-irons in the neck and middle, and a dimarzio fs-1 in the bridge.
Can't speak highly enough of these pig irons, really very sweet indeed, plus they match the fs-1 nicely, I think think I've found the sound I've been looking for with this concord!
Merry festivities everyone!
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Standard or over wound?
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Standard, didn't want anything too hot for this after I had a set of Artec overwounds in it.
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down