The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

+9
Barry
silence86
boutjp97
Warrn
nasticanasta
Court_W
Westbone
corsair
funkmuffin
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wanted!  Westone Corsair GT - Page 2 Empty Corsair GT

Post by gitarboy Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:55 pm

[img]http://forum.westoneguitars.net/Wanted!  Westone Corsair GT - Page 2 Corsai10[/img]I bought a beautiful Corsair GT in "Violin Sunburst" finish on Ebay, after getting a "crackle finish" Spectrum GT found for a steal at a flea market. It set up well, with adjustable blades for the trem system and both of my Westones play great. I hadn't heard much of Westone guitars basically, but I think they are quality instruments, and are my second favorite electric guitar brand now. I find I like mostly the 80s era axes..... hair band days with the Floyd trems. The Kaman GTX 33 is my Fav, I have two of them in different finishes. With all my guitars, I totally customize the electronics, and with my choice brands and double coil taps for the neck and bridge pups, I can get most any sound I want from metal to country.
On the Westones, I find that the Bendmaster tremelo is great, and that gadjet that keeps you in tune while string bending is a must have.

Last edited by gitarboy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarify and add)

gitarboy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Wanted!  Westone Corsair GT - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted! Westone Corsair GT

Post by umpdv5000 Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Which only goes to show that its all down to opinion. Sigh! Glad you're enjoying your new found guitar guitarboy.

I've only just dropped in on this topic and I have been fixated to the postings all the way through. Talk about the Jerry Springer Show (that's one of those live chat shows where you do your dirty washing in public), what a show you guys could put up. I do have to say though, I personally don't have a preference that puts one particular brand or mechanical / electronic hardware on a pedestal. I try to judge everything on the merits as I find them. It's only natural to lean toward certain products that you find better or suit your needs best and I have noticed that there have been occasions when certain members can be a little over zealous in protecting their preference to Westones and their fittings. I only have 2 Westones, both which I have recently acquired (which has been mentioned in other topics, both of which I have renovated) and I only joined this forum to find out a little more about the different models and info on the ones I now have, The Thunder 1A that I have is a class instrument that I would put up against any top end guitar and I would be confident that it would not be out of position. My other newly acquired Westone Spectrum Series II bass is a different story. It's pretty middle range and wouldn't stand up against top end basses for solid construction. Having said that, the hardware and pickup are good. But although these are my findings, not everyone will share my views and I have to respect that. The same as I don't get along too well with EMG pickups as the set I had on a custom built strat style arrangement were very clinical sounding (although I haven't tried the whole range), yet the music press at the time raved about them. I replaced them with a set of standard US strat pickups and the guitar came to life. I could say that they were worthless bits of junk, but it's obvious someone rates them. I think if you can find enjoyment in something that others can't, you are a very lucky person. Are we all lucky people on this group? I hope so.

Martin.
umpdv5000
umpdv5000

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Wanted!  Westone Corsair GT - Page 2 Empty Check out my revised post

Post by gitarboy Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Thanks for the correspondence. Mabey I just got lucky, but hopefully you will happen across a Westone like I have that may change your experience with the brand for the better. I found that in the right hands, some guitars (not all) can be made into excellent players and improved in sound. I have good luck it seems usually getting the most out of set ups and re-wiring electronics. Good to have found this site, and folks like you to trade comments with.
gitarboy

Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:16 am

Hey Martin, the general consensus of the Korean-made instruments is not actually all that positive, outside of them using up the great hardware and pickups leftover from the Matsumoku factory. It really is the Mats instruments that we're here for, though we don't mind the Korean ones. We just won't back them up nearly as strongly.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:45 am

Sometimes we - well, I!! - get a little annoyed with what - to my mind - I find are unwarranted, ill thought out demolitions of something that has worked perfectly for me and if the mood strikes me become a little childish about the whole damn thing but generally, sanity will eventually prevail and things will carry on in the vein that we all can get on with.

I apologise.

That is a truly spectacular Corsair you have there, fella, and while we do become a little precious about the whole MIJ/MIK thing in here - often with good reason - that look like a find to be envied!! Personally, I want one of the flouro pink SLM Corsair1440s.... Wanted!  Westone Corsair GT - Page 2 Icon_twisted Wanted!  Westone Corsair GT - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

... and I've found the Bendmaster Deluxe an excellent bridge as well!! Wanted!  Westone Corsair GT - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Wanted!  Westone Corsair GT - Page 2 Empty It does exist!

Post by oroboros Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:37 pm

gitarboy wrote:Wanted!  Westone Corsair GT - Page 2 Corsai10
This guitar right here. Wow!  So, the saddest story of all time.  20 years ago my first wife was in the hospital, literally dying from leukemia.  When I got home from staying in the hospital with her until the end (a month, 4 hours from home), I discovered someone had broken into our home and stolen my gear.  At the time, it was just one more thing and really, pretty insignificant, but over the years I have searched for this thing.  I'd started to think I was misremembering it.  This is the first decent photo I've ever found verifying what I thought I had at the time.  Bittersweet for sure. I loved that guitar. Thanks for sharing.
oroboros
oroboros

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:49 pm

A bitter sweet memory for sure.
Thank you for sharing it.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8685
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:07 pm

Certainly puts life into some sort of perspective, I agree!
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:53 pm

Geezus, digging up an old thread here.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu801 Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:43 am

I have a x390 caspin blue w/ case has some road rash but I didn't know there were only 96 made and it's been hanging on my wall for years
Ryu801
Ryu801

Registration date : 2020-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:56 am

Ryan you're way off topic here, and this is an old thread.

Please start a new thread of your own in the Member's Westone Forum and show us your baby!
Thanks. Wink

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8685
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2