The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upgrade for Spectrum DX

3 posters

Go down

spectrum - Upgrade for Spectrum DX Empty Upgrade for Spectrum DX

Post by jimmydime Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:17 am

Well, my new pickups arrived on Friday and I spent all of today working on the guitar.
    It took me awhile to decide on what pickups I wanted, but ended up ordering as set of Entwistle pickups off the bay. I must say, I cannot believe how good these pickups are. Super crystal cleans and with a little over drive they dirty up nicely. What a difference from the stock pickups. I even took the guitar over to my buds to jam with a few friends, and this guitar stood out from the pack. I played the electric rhythm and lead on "take it on the run" and could make the DX squeal nicely on the  chorus. Had a few double takes by the rest of the boys, hardly believing this is a $100 guitar.
   I also dressed and leveled the frets, oiled up the fret board and cleaned up the trem. It took awhile to get a nice "float" on the trem, but I did get it. Also have a beautiful intonation and low action.
   This thing is better than I dreamed. I highly recommend the Entwistle pickups for anyone looking for a budget set of Humbuckers. The set I ordered was $47.00 with free shipping from France. The pickups arrived in 6 days from my order.
Cheers. Laughing cyclops

Last edited by jimmydime on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimmydime
jimmydime
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-10-25

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Upgrade for Spectrum DX Empty Re: Upgrade for Spectrum DX

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:30 am

Good work that man!
I've had a couple sets of the Entwistle single coils, pretty punchy with decent sparkle, nice.
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:16 am

Excellent Jimmy!
I haven't tried the Entwistles but sounds like they are just the dog's bollox!

The Spectrum line, I think, is one of the most versatile in the Westone catalogue. Always, playable, always reliable, always comfortable, and respond well to restoration and modification.

Glad you're glad! Smile

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down