The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cases for Westones

5 posters

Go down

Cases for Westones Empty Cases for Westones

Post by Mikky B Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:45 pm

I took my Dimension 4 to a used music store thinking there must be something there that would fit.
Nothing did....

I want to gig with this thing but the prospect of carrying/hauling it without a case scares the hell outta me.
Are there any new production cases or older ones that would fit this guitar? 
I looked up Westone on ebay, not many parts or accessories. 

would also love to locate the missing pieces to my locknut, I have the base but that's it.
(it works as well as any strat without it, but it'd be nice to have the feeling of security of locking my strings down)
Mikky B
Mikky B

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down

Cases for Westones Empty Re: Cases for Westones

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:53 pm

There are some sites that show you how to make cases - which might be the best thing for odd shaped guitars.  Haven't done one myself yet, but it doesn't look too hard
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Shoot off a PM to Sgt. Vimes... he may still have a few locking washers left from the stash he inherited from David.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:54 pm

I built a case for my U-60 and it really was a doddle... you build a rectangular box and I used acoustic rubber to make a custom shape cutout; and if I can do it, anyone can!!

Or there's the Gator GW Extreme case...

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=gator+gw-extreme+guitar+case&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=OYq-UaGZK4WSiQeJqoCACg&ved=0CE4QsAQ&biw=1311&bih=758#facrc=_&imgrc=XjWp-haNYrKC8M%3A%3BY80IuodBL5rCrM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmedias.audiofanzine.com%252Fimages%252Fnormal%252Fgator-cases-gw-extreme-extreme-electric-guitar-deluxe-wood-case-251163.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fen.audiofanzine.com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%252Fgw%252B%252B%252B%252B%252B10.html%3B3264%3B2448

Realise, too, that though this isn't cheap, the one I built cost about 2/3 of the price of the Gator!!

I'll post a pic or two of it when I get a chance! I haven't quite finished it yet; the exterior is unpainted and I've yet to tart up the interior but  - and this is the important thing - it keeps the guitar snug and safe!

Yep; Sgt Vimes is your man for the lock washers! The Dim 4 has the FT trem, yes? If so you'll need 4 of the triangular washers and 2 of the rectangular ones.
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:46 am

Pm sent
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:22 am

Insulation board, jablite or similar, works a treat, just fit it into a standard rectangular case  cut out the guitar shape and cover in your fabric of choice.  Shouldn't take too long to do and will hold the guitar rock solid. 
westcoaster
westcoaster

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikky B Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:12 pm

thanks for all the advice everyone!
Mikky B
Mikky B

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-06-16