The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd Rose copy with adjustable saddles

3 posters

Go down

rose - Floyd Rose copy with adjustable saddles Empty Floyd Rose copy with adjustable saddles

Post by The Chad Fri May 24, 2013 9:40 am

WD Music had a Floyd copy made a while ago that had individual saddle adjustment screws.

CLICK HERE to see one on Ebay

Anyone have experience with or know about these?

Pondering buying it for the Dynasty.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

rose - Floyd Rose copy with adjustable saddles Empty Re: Floyd Rose copy with adjustable saddles

Post by gittarasaurus Fri May 24, 2013 10:20 am

i have one of those in chrome finish. it is pretty much like new, maybe a few fingerprints...
i used it on a Washburn G-5V because the Washburn trem had 2 mismatched saddles.
excellent fit. solid build.
i ended up removing it because i discovered the guitar had some other more serious issues, so it is now sitting on my work table unused.
do you want a chrome version?
(i don't have the whammy bar)
rose - Floyd Rose copy with adjustable saddles Ry%3D400 rose - Floyd Rose copy with adjustable saddles Ry%3D400 rose - Floyd Rose copy with adjustable saddles Ry%3D400 rose - Floyd Rose copy with adjustable saddles Ry%3D400
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

rose - Floyd Rose copy with adjustable saddles Empty Re: Floyd Rose copy with adjustable saddles

Post by The Chad Fri May 24, 2013 10:36 am

You rock Mike, that's it. I need a black one however so I'll sadly have to pass on the chrome.

I wonder if my Dynasty would intonate properly with it. The stud spacing should work fine I think. From the knife edge to the saddle furthest front and saddle furthest back is the crucial part! The Schaller will work, just costs more than I can do right now. I discussed it here CLICK HERE.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue May 28, 2013 10:48 am

Well I just bought a black one, let's see if it'll work on my Dynasty. Laughing

It's the WD Music Gotoh clone with brass block and adjustable saddles, just like the chrome one above.

I'll advise once it arrives.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:21 am

Received the WD Music trem. Very nice, high quality and well built. One problem though, the 37mm. block doesn't work without routing my trem cavity! The springs hit the wood.

So rather than route my body, I'm selling this trem to fund a unit with a 42mm block. The stock Westone Bendmaster FT has a 45mm sustain block, which is very odd. So I'm hoping a 42mm will work.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Oh Poo. Neutral

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down