The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up to date pix of my meagre collection...

+3
The Chad
gittarasaurus
corsair
7 posters

Go down

Up to date pix of my meagre collection... Empty Up to date pix of my meagre collection...

Post by corsair Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:31 pm

OK, lads... here we go...

Up to date pix of my meagre collection... DSC_0003_zpse4054a2c

..Electra Lady, Aria Pro II U-60 and Vantage Invader II

Up to date pix of my meagre collection... DSC_0005_zps59778a26

Westone Spectrum SP1012, Westone Clipper CL4112, Westone X300 Pantera, Westone Genesis II

Up to date pix of my meagre collection... DSC_0007_zps203c171d

Electra Spectrum X195 (with new/old Tekglide bridge, thanks Steve!!), Westone Spectrum GT, Westone Spectrum ST, Westone Spectrum MX, Westone Spectrum LX. Westone GTBass

Up to date pix of my meagre collection... DSC_0012_zpsd1955fcf

Fender Stratocaster, Vantage VA900, Vantage Avenger 395, Commodore lap steel

Up to date pix of my meagre collection... DSC_0013_zpsdff5d5c2

The "inside guitars"

The acoustic guitar, and 2 Vantage Avenger 310s (1 being custom finished, 1 still in the States waiting to be uplifted!) aren't shown, neither is the Alesis keyboard.

Not many, but I like 'em all!

The really special ones are the X195 (gift from an Electra forum member a long time ago!), the VA900 (many, many gigs and years under the belt with that!!), the Pantera and the Spectrum GT (both bought from a Westone forumite in England), the ... oh, hell; they're ALL special!! Very Happy Very Happy
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Up to date pix of my meagre collection... Empty Re: Up to date pix of my meagre collection...

Post by gittarasaurus Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:29 pm

you sure do know how to throw a pool party! drunken
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Up to date pix of my meagre collection... Empty Re: Up to date pix of my meagre collection...

Post by The Chad Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:06 am

Party at John's house! Adult swim!

Nice buddy, thanks so much for posting this! Did a great job with the shoot, and such nice gear.

The first three look like they jumped out of the water. They look almost at home by the water, the Lady, Urchin, and Invader (fish, urchin, and shark). Laughing

That white Gen II and Clipper are rare sights for us in the States.

Is the VA900 your favorite to play?
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 am

You know, I took it out of its case today for the first time in about 5 years and was astonished - again!!- by the quality of the instrument; just a beautifully executed piece of the luthiers art, wonderful to play, certainly much more guitar than I can make use of!!

Up till now, the Clipper has been the guitar at hand because of the neck, and because I secretly love Telecasters, but I'll get back to you on that in a little while now that the VA is in the rack...
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Nice guitars and very good photos.

Looks like the Clipper is about to dive in.. Smile
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainfertilizer Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:13 pm

You have more courage than I do, to place your Clipper up on the stand like that.

I would be afraid of a gust of wind that knocks it onto the pool deck, or worse! into the pool!
Brainfertilizer

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainfertilizer Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:14 pm

But yeah: great collection of beautiful guitars!
Brainfertilizer

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by west1 Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:12 pm

Hey! Great collection of guitars! Thanks for sharing First time seeing a 1012. Interesting guitar,i would like to try one out sometime. I love that Genesis II. I have one of those in silver blueburst and I noticed on yours the center control is located in a different position . On mine , the center control is located where your 5 way is, and my 5 way is where your center control is. Yours is the first I've seen like that.  That Clipper is one sweet guitar though. I had to stop and wipe the drool off my mouth  after seeing that ,along with all your other sweet axes! That Vantage 900 is awesome ,as well as your strat. Interesting paint, I like it. Is that a Japan strat?  We are sort of fans of the Japan strats in this house.
west1
west1
Registered Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by west1 Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:21 pm

I probably should add that after seeing all that sunshine and that pool calling me in, i'm really getting tired of the temps here stuck between 10*f and -10f. I am ready for Spring!
west1
west1
Registered Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:11 pm

west1 wrote:  We are sort of fans of the Japan strats in this house.

Made in Japan and Crafted in Japan Strats are great guitars.

west1, is your name Ken? by any chance.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:38 pm

Thank you, west1; yep, that Gen II is a bit special in that TP told me that it was probably a pre-production evaluation piece, of which there were quite a few,and that he'd personally probably played around with the pickups!! Pretty cool, huh!! Other than that, though, it is a standard super strat with a fancy rout on the lower bout, though mine has no push/pull pots to split the h/b which is odd in these Matsumoku guitars....

Clipper is great; flat wide neck that just begs to be shredded on - it most assuredly don't get that here!! - though the h/b is a little bland, the s/c are a delight!

I don't know where that strat was made; I was never really concerned about that sort of thing when I got it, and it underwent the knife in very short order! I've had it for about 10 years ....
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Man that shot is getting my egas a burning again, great collection
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down