The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year?

5 posters

Go down

electra - IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year? Empty IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year?

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:33 pm

electra - IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year? 1174271126 Greeting to all my forum and westone friends. This thread will discuss the interest and chances of having a get together sometime this spring or summer so that we may all drool, play, inspect, and in general enjoy our beloved Westones. There are a few ideas that I have and I would like feedback from all on this please,

I am a dual member of both this Westone Forum and also the Electra Forums and I do love both brands including the Phoenix, Spectrum, Electra and Electra/ Westone models. I am willing to host the event at my home here in Tifton, Georgia and I have plenty of room for all and a studio/man cave that we can all meet in and play and inspect our beloved instruments. Over at the electra forums we have what we call an Electrafest event each year where we get together to do just this same thing. They continue to improve each year. I was fortunate enough to host the Electrafest event here at my home in 2011 and we had a blast. As I am a fan of both brands I would also suggest we have a joint Westone/ Electra event. I will have my collection of Electra and Westone models available for all to check out and I have the amps,PA, and gear needed so no amps etc would be needed. Just bring those great instruments we all love. I currently have somewhere in the neighborhood of 100+ models of Westones and Electra westones including several Bass guitars as well. The best way to usually do this is to send out a list of instruments I have here already then we can fill in the gaps wthe the instruments that the attendees may want to bring with them. It is fun for all and would be held on a weekend so all could enjoy.

Logistics and planning for such an even is a large task and requires time to plan and execute and we would want to have plenty of time in advance for everyone to check their schedules and see if it works for them as well.

Please comment on this and lets see if we can make this a reality. I will also open another thread on the Electra forums and see if there is interest there also for a joint event. As of today no one on the Electra forums has stepped up to host the Electrafest event this year so I think this would work as a joint venture.

I am located about 1.5 miles of Interstate 75 so easy spot to find and plenty of reasonable hotels etc here in this small rural town. Thanks again and I hope to hear from everyone with suggestions, ideas, and opinions on this. Thanks Arthur aka mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

electra - IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year? Empty Re: IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year?

Post by corsair Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:25 am

Of course I'm interested, but ..... how about all you fellas come to Australia; I'm sure Don would host us .... and he has some choice guitar, though sadly only one Westone!
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

electra - IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year? Empty Re: IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year?

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 pm

It would be great to take a trip down under for certain but I don't know if my back could withstand the flight time.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:31 pm

corsair wrote:Of course I'm interested, but ..... how about all you fellas come to Australia; I'm sure Don would host us .... and he has some choice guitar, though sadly only one Westone!

I thought you were slated for an extended leave here in the States this year John... or am I jumping the gun on that? scratch
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by DimensionIV-addict Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Mortarman, it's a two day drive for me but I'm up for it.
I'll schedule some vacation time.
Let us know.
DimensionIV-addict
DimensionIV-addict
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 pm

If you're planning on wearing your war paint for the event I may just have to check my vacation calendar as well...

Cool

Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by DimensionIV-addict Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Very Happy
DimensionIV-addict
DimensionIV-addict
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Next year, in theory, Steve, but I'm pretty sure Georgia is a little off our proposed track, mores the pity! Stupid children want to go to Disneyland - in Anaheim, not Orlando! - but Minnesota is sort of between Seattle and New York, eh? We may pitch up on your doorstep looking for a bed.... all 5 of us.... Hairy & Wooly
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Not a problem at all John.

I've a very roomy 8 person tent we can have up in a jiffy for you. lol!
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Well as I stated I am up to the task of hosting the event for certain. I have opened a post over at the Electra Forums as well and suggested we have a joint venture this year. I have no problem being the host for the event but we need to get schedule checks and interest from all so as I can plan accordingly and all can put the time into their schedules. I would say sometime maybe late spring or early summer would work best but I am open. We hold the Electra event in June or July usually as that is vacation time for most folks. it does get hot here round about July (90+ F with usually 80%+ humidity) but I have Air conditioning so unless we venture outside that is not a problem. Springtime temps are best at between 75-85 range and less humidity 70% or so. Give this some thought and lets see what we can come up with for the event dates. Thanks to all for the feedback and hope we can all get together for a great weekend and time. Thanks Arthur aka mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by eyebulger Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:51 am

corsair wrote:Of course I'm interested, but ..... how about all you fellas come to Australia; I'm sure Don would host us .... and he has some choice guitar, though sadly only one Westone!
Well just come on over Laughing always up for a party.
Better make that 3 Westones now John.
Arthur, you could always do a stopover somewhere to give the old back a rest.
Have beer and Pizza oven ready to go electra - IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year? 1037204084
eyebulger
eyebulger

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:20 pm

electra - IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year? 1174271126electra - IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year? 4053770264

Well it looks like things are going well for a joint Westone/Electrafest this year. My fellow forum members on the Electra forums have shown interest and no other options have been presented as a host site so it looks like I will again have the honor to host the event. It seems as if the mid July to early August time works best for most members to make their plans to attend so I am looking very hard at the weekends of July 12-14 or maybe July 19-21 with August 2-4 as another alternative. The event will actually have activities etc on the Saturday and Sunday but the Friday is there for anyone that would like to come down early and help set up things etc. events all day Saturday and around half day or so Sunday so all have time for return travel etc. I have PA system, several amps, stands, etc and my entire collection available to inspect and play at your leisure. we usually also have a tech shop setup to answer any questions any may have on the types of models etc they do not have or have tech issues with and to generally share info with all. Then comes the best time JAM time with all the instruments and members as well as food and conversation. We have also had live video feed from the past Electrafest events so if I can get all the information and setup I hope to do the same this time also. this will give those that can't make it at least a taste of the event from online. Please pm me with any feedback or opinions on the date ranges etc. I am located in Tifton, Georgia USA 31793 and I am just a mile or so off of Interstate I-75 so I am easy to find.I live in a small rural town but we have ample motels and hotels near my home(less than 3 miles) as we have many travelers stop here while going up and down I-75. I also have my own Man Cave(music Studio) with AC for those hot summer days that we can all play in and make as much noise as we want. Here are a few photos of my man cave which is still a work in progress but almost there.

Video link from Electrafest 2011 https://s975.photobucket.com/user/mortarman120gang11c/library/Electrafest%202011%20videos

Photo links Mortarmans Music man cave https://s975.photobucket.com/user/mortarman120gang11c/library/Electrafest%202011%20videos
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by eyebulger Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:20 am

Gee thanks Arthur
Now I have a bad case of man cave envy electra - IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year? 2927775184 electra - IS there any interest in a Westone or joint Electra Westone Event this year? 1355847800
eyebulger
eyebulger

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Still a work in progress as the wifes projects always seem to get completed first but off to a good start.Thanks
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Would like to attend, but is tough to get away from the family for a "guitar thing" as the wife would say. But I would love to play the guitars I don't have and let others play some of mine. It is a great idea, and if I do not go, I will try my best to watch the feed. I looked at the pics and would love to play some of those semi-hollows and try some Electras as I only have the Jazz Strad (with the Alvarez logo). I would also be curious to hear some of the MPC stuff. We'll see.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:51 pm

All are welcome to attend and everything is available for insprction and play. Small rural town nice and simple but has plenty of hotels and travelers needs as we are on the main north south interstate. Good food, good friends, good music=Great time. I have cable modem and high speed wireless internet so I hope the live feed should have no issues so long as I can get it all set up and working.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Well my fellow members on the Electra forums are all for it so I am going to host the joint Westone/Electra fest this year. Thus far from my feedback the weekends of July 14-14 or July 20-21 seem to be the most popular and workable. Please let me know what you gents here think of that time frame so that I may begin the planning and logistics phase. Thanks Arthur aka mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Well I have set the date for this years joint Westone/ Electra fest event to be held the weekend of July 20-21 2013 here at my home in Tifton, Ga 31793. I am just a a short distance off of Interstate I 75 and easy to find. I will begin posting messages and photos of some of the many various Westone and Electra models that will be available to check out and play during the event. I will also hope to have a live online feed from the event if I can get all the tech issues worked out. I invite all of you to attend and have a great weekend enjoying your favorite Westone oe Electra models. Between my collection and what other members show up with I hope to have 125+ different models of guitars and bass guitars present. Will be a great weekend and I hope everyone can make it this year. Thanks Arthur aka mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 am

Wish I could do it, but I will be traveling up north during that time for a wedding. I would really like to go and play all those awesome guitars and share some of mine, but sorry that it cant happen this year. I may be able to sneak in some time on travel to watch the feed though. Thank you big time for putting it together
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down