The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replace pick up switch Thunder 1A

2 posters

Go down

pick - Replace pick up switch Thunder 1A Empty Replace pick up switch Thunder 1A

Post by Swedishconnection Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Hello there!

Have been a happy owner of a Westone Thunder 1a 1982 for a couple of years. A very special guitar for me. Have never had any problems whatsoever with it but recently the pick up switch started to act weird. I have a Gibson Les Paul switch lying around which I would like to use. It has that nice golden color and it would look very nice on this guitar.

Do you guys know if this is possible to swap the switch and make it work? Would be ever so thankful for a scheme or tips exactly how do to this. Soldering etc...

Just on another note, the thunder 1a, is it modeled after a certain guitar? The body feels and look fender-ish and the neck Gibson-like but is there an exact guitar that they had in mind? Perhaps one of the developers played a 1959 Gibson and thought " We can improve this!" Wink Just wondering...exiting to have one, to play one. I have two Fender guitars, an Ibanez and although they are very very fine guitars...I always come back to my Westone.

I want to know everything about them!

Best wishes for beautiful Christmas,
Alexander
Swedishconnection
Swedishconnection
Registered Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-12-11

Back to top Go down

pick - Replace pick up switch Thunder 1A Empty Re: Replace pick up switch Thunder 1A

Post by westcoaster Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Click the link to westone.info above, lots of schematics in the fix me section. This should help you out. Don't see any reason why that switch won't work. Good luck.

Last edited by westcoaster on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
westcoaster
westcoaster

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

pick - Replace pick up switch Thunder 1A Empty Re: Replace pick up switch Thunder 1A

Post by Swedishconnection Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:50 pm

westcoaster wrote:Click the link to westone.info above, lots of schematics in the fix me section. This should help you out. Don't see any reason why that switch won't work. Good luck.

Thanks a lot westcoaster!
Swedishconnection
Swedishconnection
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedishconnection Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Just a quick update:

Everything worked out well, I installed the switch from a Les Paul. Solid switch, nice golden color. Havent played this beauty for a while but man...the sounds that this Thunder makes...almost insane! What a feeling!
Swedishconnection
Swedishconnection
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down