The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Sale: Dimension WE5400UV

+2
Sgt. Vimes
The Chad
6 posters

Go down

Sold For Sale: Dimension WE5400UV

Post by The Chad Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:47 pm

I may regret this later.

Selling my 1989 WE5400UV. In the 1989 "New Horizons" catalog.

sale - For Sale:  Dimension WE5400UV 076

Excellent condition, she looks new at first glance! Still has the original plastic on the truss rod cover! No issues whatsoever. Looks like it was played for a very short time and then stored away ever since.

sale - For Sale:  Dimension WE5400UV DSCN2401

sale - For Sale:  Dimension WE5400UV DSCN2403

sale - For Sale:  Dimension WE5400UV DSCN2402

sale - For Sale:  Dimension WE5400UV DSCN2405

sale - For Sale:  Dimension WE5400UV DSCN2399

Condition and Details:
Excellent condition. No paint chips, she's as clean as can be. Like I said, looks new at first glance.

FINISH: Paint looks excellent just like new, high gloss and clean as a pin with NO chips!
Looks better in person than in the photos. One small finish crack on each side of the neck pocket, they're small
and very common to see on bolt on guitars. There may be a scratch or
two on the back, I don't know right now but will check later when I'm
with the guitar.
HEADSTOCK: Nice and pointy, there are no "point dings", complete and
shiny new looking, REVERSED (add cool points here), looks fantastic! Small lacquer nick on the
side where the tuners are, between 2nd and 3rd string tuners. Zoom in
on the pic and you'll see.
FRETS:
Shiny and mirror like, very light fret wear, very light, this thing was barely ever played. Has tiny dents on some frets like most all guitars do.
NECK: Wonderful, no issues. Feels great, it's thin and fast with a flatter radius. BRIDGE: Clean chrome, Westone's version of a Floyd. Some oxidation on the whammy bar and on two of the saddles, you can only see this up close so zoom in on those photos!
HARDWARE: Knobs and switches look new. Tuners are original and perfect.
PICKUPS: No issues. Look great and sound great! You can see where it was played, the one side of the humbucker has a tiny amount of wear (zoom in to see). Coil tap for each pick up. Neck pickup is actually a stacked humbucker with a coil tap, sounds great.

She's completely original, 100% stock. It is missing one tiny washer for on the lower mini switch (zoom in to see what I mean, barely noticeable), but any guitar store will have one of those washers super cheap. Wiring is 100% original.

I don't know if you can find a nicer one. This thing looks BETTER in person than it does in these pictures, usually it's the opposite! I want to pass her on to someone who'll take care of her. Shipping will probably cost $30 or so, which is extra so don't whine about it! If it doesn't sell I'll put her on Ebay.

PM me if you're interested!

I'd like to get $40,000 for it. But for those of us who simply must haggle... I'll help you out, I'll sell it for $195!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Sold Re: For Sale: Dimension WE5400UV

Post by Sgt. Vimes Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:56 pm

The Chad wrote:I may regret this later.

you most certainly will...especially at that price, what a beauty
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DimensionIV-addict Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:58 pm

The buyer will have a very VERY Merry X-mas for sure..
DimensionIV-addict
DimensionIV-addict
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:02 pm

You reap what you sow, so I want to sow a good deal for someone. Hopefully someone here gets her, I don't want just anyone having her.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Man, she's a beauty Chad. I agree with the Sarge, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I hope she goes to a good home and you are happy with the sale. Righteous price for sure, good luck!
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:16 pm

PM sent...

(...but 'ya should've know to just have gone ahead and PM'ed me already) Roll on Floor Laff
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:16 pm

It's off the market right now awaiting Steve the Iceman.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:52 pm

So it is now time to 'fess up and gain some closure on this thread I suppose... Evil or Very Mad

I did indeed purchase this one from Chad as a Christmas gift for my wife. She loved the one I already had so much that it was the only move I could see to make to get ownership of mine back. Packaged well and safe & sound upon arrival I am very thankful for Chad's attention to detail in cleaning and setting up guits... well, with one caveat I will get to in a moment.

It was an enlightening move to make from a comparative standpoint as well as these two guitars while exactly similar in the major details do sport an interesting number of minor variations as well. To wit...

The overall weight of my example is around 10 ounces heavier and I am uncertain if the hardware differences make up all of that weight. Perhaps a greater quantity of glue was used in the laying up process of the laminates which form the body, as the necks are virtually identical anywhere I check them with my caliper. The color contrasts and grain patterns on the rosewood of the fretboard on Chad's puts mine to shame... really, REALLY beautiful and probably the best wood I've seen in recent memory.

Speaking of hardware, mine was outfitted with a TRS-101 FR licensed copy while Chad's has a FST-70A on it. I have never seen one like that on any Westone model MIJ or MIK so could it possibly be a modification or replacement by a former owner? The fit of the trem looks perfect in relation to the body route so it appears to my eyes to be factory installed, it is a beefier copy by all appearances in any case. Mine came with the 2 position Allen wrench keeper on back of the headstock while Chad's has never had one installed on it. The machineheads and the above the nut lock are exactly the same. Really lends credence to the theory that Westones were subject to change of components at any time during production, eh?

The one caveat I will end here with is in how you string a FR equipped guitar. My wife noticed it immediately with a chortle and the statement of "well, he does that bass-ackwards, doesn't he."

One guess to anyone who should care to do so... Laughing

Thanks again Chad, she is a prize and a keeper for certain. If any of youse guys find yourself faced with an opportunity to purchase from Chad please allow me to encourage you to pull that trigger as quick as a 14 year old killing zombies on an Xbox.

Iceman
Iceman

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:05 pm

(I've marked this as "Sold") Wink

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry

Number of posts : 8685
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:05 am

Glad she loves it Steve, and that is a nice fretboard! It looked dull and lifeless at first (like most old fretboards look). It surprised me while I was cleaning it up as the wood grain began to "pop" and make itself known.

I think that FST-70A trem may have been stock from the Westone factory. It's similar in style to the TRS101 FR, and it's also chrome plated, so it would've been the right fit for Westone to use in the TRS's place (or before they began using the FST?). We know that Westone used many different parts in their Korean phase especially, and these trems were common in that time period (as seen on BC Rich and Vester guitar brands). Their philosophy may have been "if the shoe fits, and it's available, wear it!"

And about the string ball ends, it was intentional! For years I'd heard of guys stringing their Floyd Roses this way, and it always looked cool to me. Cool Hey, it might grow on her!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down