The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to trade: X390PW for Gibson Les Paul

Go down

paul - Want to trade:  X390PW for Gibson Les Paul Empty Want to trade: X390PW for Gibson Les Paul

Post by colt933 Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:40 pm

All:

I have a nice 1986 Westone Pantera X390PW that I would like to trade for a Gibson Les Paul. I am interested in Standards, Customs, and Classics - but the Classic must have the '60s neck profile. Early nineties models a PLUS! Guitar must have at least 2 full-size humbuckers - no P90s and no mini humbuckers. Guitar must NOT have had a broken neck/headstock. A little finish checking on older guitars is fine with me and actually preferred. For colors, I prefer bursts and gold tops. I might consider black. But no wine red! And no Studios. And no Epiphones.

The only modification I have made to this guitar is to replace the regular behind-the-nut string lock with a Kahler Deluxe (tool-less) string lock as shown in pictures. I can (probably) put the old string lock back on the guitar if you prefer. This is a $100+ upgrade and Kahler doesn't make this part anymore. It plays great with low action and all electronics work. It has the tiniest bit of play wear on the frets and the pickup covers show some pick marks as well. It has a pro setup and plays great. As far as blemishes on the body - there are maybe 3-4 marks, none go through the finish into the wood, an only one appears to go through the clear coat. The pointy tip of the headstock is still there - rare for pointy guitars of this age. The Kahler Pro tremolo is in fine working condition and I have the original bar with tip.

I am looking for a straight trade - no cash on either side - and we each pay shipping to the other one. Considering that X390 guitars have gone on ebay for around $2k in recent years, this is a fair trade.

paul - Want to trade:  X390PW for Gibson Les Paul 1554e66b
paul - Want to trade:  X390PW for Gibson Les Paul F91f7961
paul - Want to trade:  X390PW for Gibson Les Paul 624964e0
paul - Want to trade:  X390PW for Gibson Les Paul 36f85c21
paul - Want to trade:  X390PW for Gibson Les Paul 3706541c

Last edited by colt933 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:20 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : pics, tremolo bar)
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down