The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got my first westone for 25 years!

3 posters

Go down

YEARS - Got my first westone for 25 years! Empty Got my first westone for 25 years!

Post by Kevh Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi all, I posted in the introduce section a few day ago saying i was going to bide my time and wait for a nice T1a to pop up. A trawl round the second hand shops of lancashire, playing cheap strats which i really cant call instruments was more than enough to send me straight to ebay.

I'm sure quite a few members must have seen the one i bought..the one where the socket had had a repair..it was listed as an 87 but i'm pretty sure its an 84 (serial lists it at 84 and hardware config)..3 toggle switches and the active knob with the B-O-T embossing. Through strung with individual brass saddle bridges, all circuitry working fine and delivered in a nice hard case within 2 days of ordering.

The necks a real cracker..no dead spots, lots left in the frets too. Sitting down with it through my pod is making me feel like a 5yo at the woolies pick and mix lol. Big beaming smile. I know i probably paid a bit over the odds, but to me it's worth every penny.

I have this growing feelng i'm going to be needind a westie with a trem too now.

Chuffed to bits.

Kevh
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Back to top Go down

YEARS - Got my first westone for 25 years! Empty Re: Got my first westone for 25 years!

Post by hoax Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Nice One Kev and welcome!!

We will anxiously await details of your next few Westone purchases as they can be seriously addictive.

Hoax Smile
hoax
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

YEARS - Got my first westone for 25 years! Empty Re: Got my first westone for 25 years!

Post by westcoaster Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:13 pm

^^^^ What hoax said.

Tell me about it. This time last year I had none - 5 now. Enjoy your addiction Very Happy

Last edited by westcoaster on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
westcoaster
westcoaster

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevh Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:04 am

Done a bit of emailing between me and the seller. Now the guitar's an 84 model, the serial makes that clear, so i was thinking 30 year old, it's going to need a little work at least. Turns out his mate's a luthier who does some tech and builds some customs for the likes of motorhead etc.

I was expecting at least some wear on fret 2 and 3..but there's no wear at all, so maybe it's had a refret. If so it's certainly been very well done, and the fretwire looks the same to me all the way up the board.

Already been offered well over what I paid from a local semi pro musician..i told him to run and jump lol.
Kevh
Kevh
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down