The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Try to spot all of the Westone guitars...

5 posters

Go down

Try to spot all of the Westone guitars... Empty Try to spot all of the Westone guitars...

Post by colt933 Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:13 am

ANERLEY ROAD

I see - the old blue X390/Alvarez signature, the powder blue Alvarez signature from the 1989 publicity shots for "Can't Look Away", the 12-string custom one-off Spectrum, the Rainbow II, an Alvarez DY-88 (that he used to endorse). Are there any others?
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Try to spot all of the Westone guitars... Empty Re: Try to spot all of the Westone guitars...

Post by bowenjaybee Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:36 am

Wow! I'm not familiar with Trevor Rabin at all but it is very nice to hear and see the Rainbow II in action, what a guitar! and what a player.

The video is also on you tube with much better sound quality. Link
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Try to spot all of the Westone guitars... Empty Re: Try to spot all of the Westone guitars...

Post by jim Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:51 am

Wow! Thank you Jason, if I got that right... for providing that link. Nice video! I´m more into Pat Metheney and George Benson among others but interesting! The Rainbow rules but it sounds ´different´ from mine.
jim
jim

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:06 pm

bowenjaybee wrote:Wow! I'm not familiar with Trevor Rabin

Trevor Rabin was the guitarist, main songwriter, and singer of the band Yes from 1982 until 1994. He wrote Yes' only number one single "Owner of a Lonely Heart".

He endorsed the Westone Pantera X-390 guitar from 1986-89 or so, and then the Alvarez Trevor Rabin Signature Model - based on the X-390, until about 1994.

Since leaving Yes, he has composed about 40 motion picture scores, including a number of Bruckheimer blockbusters like Gone in 60 Seconds and Armageddon. He is a guitar virtuoso, talented singer and songwriter, and composer of dozens of symphonies, and a painter.

In addition to him playing the Rainbow II in the video, did you see him playing the X-390CB (with Alvarez on the headstock), and the white 12-string Spectrum?
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Sorry Colt, I should have said "I'm not familiar with Trevor Rabin's music".

I've read everything on the man and his association with Westone guitars on these forums, I've just never checked out his music before. I watched the whole thing but I was drawn to the Rainbow II part most of all, which I had to watch several times. It sounds sweet.
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by IanO Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Nice guitars but nothing compared to his choice of trouser at 3:32!
IanO
IanO

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Bloody showoff! clown

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8695
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:21 am

Since there seems to be quite a few Trevor Fan´s on the board and there are no pics of it in the westoneguitars.net gallery I would like to point at this Chech site that has great pics of the Signature I model. Shocked Fujigen?

While trying to spot all the Westones...
I spotted a Concord ST Never new it ever existed! The neckplate has no SN number and neither does it have one elsewhere on the body. Must have have been a sort of prototype for the Spectrum ST X-135 like the Concord SX was the same as the Spectrum SX with a Concord label ... Interesting!
jim
jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:26 pm

jim wrote:Since there seems to be quite a few Trevor Fan´s on the board and there are no pics of it in the westoneguitars.net gallery I would like to point at this Chech site that has great pics of the Signature I model. Shocked Fujigen?

!

That's actually the model II not the one - it has the hard tail bridge on the II
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:20 pm

That's actually the model II not the one - it has the hard tail bridge on the II[/quote]

Thanks for correcting me Sarc! It has the golden hardware too. Nice photographs aren´t they?.
We only have a picture of model III !
jim
jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:15 pm

At a closer look (yes I was bored, but also, this is a great song) I see the following, some of which colt mentioned:

- The original 390CB that now says Alvarez Electric Trevor Rabin Signature

- The Pale blue Westone Trevor Rabin sig

- 2 additional 390's (one with the old school "W" on the headstock"

- Rainbow II (and if you look closely, the nut has been changed - and not sure to what - I'm curious though)

- Red Spectrum FX

- Spectrum 12 string

- Possibly a Spectrum Bass (look at the wall of guitars and see that ugly spectrum headstock)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down