The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back-plate and Trem bar

2 posters

Go down

Back-plate and Trem bar Empty Back-plate and Trem bar

Post by blackstrat Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Hello, I am looking for a backplate and tremolo bar for a 1987 Westone XA 1630 (Genesis II) any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ben.
blackstrat
blackstrat
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-07-05

Back to top Go down

Back-plate and Trem bar Empty Re: Back-plate and Trem bar

Post by corsair Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:57 am

Back plates we tend to make ourselves, and there is a pattern for one in here someplace with all of the measurements.
The Wang bar you can get from Stewmac, amongst others, under the "6mm imported" tag...

You going to show us this guitar or just tease us a lot? I've got a Gen II and rate it very highly indeed....
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by blackstrat Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks for the reply, I just got the guitar and I am taking it apart and getting it as good as it can be. I found another part it is missing and that is one of the spacers that go under the 3 odd shaped nuts that make up the locking nut feature. As you look at the guitar it is the spacer that goes under the left nut. Is that a hard part to find? Also I will put up pics when I get it back together, the guitar is in very good shape but neck was bowed and it is in need of a good set-up, which I can do. The guitar is a very nice looking dark purple like color. Thanks again for any help I can get on the missing spacer. Ben.
blackstrat
blackstrat
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:06 pm

Not hard to find .... impossible! I made the shims for mine out of 1mm steel strapping; you drill some holes in a piece of steel, draw the shape by putting the locking washer over the hole and tracing around it and then just cutting and filing the tiny wee piece you've made until its about right!

I made a swag of them the last time I had to make some; PM me your postal addy and I'll send one to you...
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by blackstrat Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:15 pm

That is so kind of you, Thank you sir. I just found out about guitars like Westone, and Electra about a year ago. Now I have a Electra X210, a Aria Pro II TS400 Thor sound, and a Hondo Professional II. These guitars knock me out!! They sound and play so much better than many a Gibby or PRS I have played, and they are so wonderfully priced. They are about the only guitars I play now, especislly the Hondo and Electra the notes just leap off the guitar. I will definitely PM you about the shims. Thanks again Ben.
blackstrat
blackstrat
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:06 am

No worries, mate!! Happy to help...

backpkate stuff here...

http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t95-spectrum-backplate-and-wang-bar-m-ments

...hope it's helpful!!