The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

x390 on eBay

+10
corsair
gittarasaurus
Sgt. Vimes
Kenn Gordon
Westbone
The Chad
Society
J.a.c.aranda87
mortarman120gang11c
Brainfertilizer
14 posters

Go down

X390 - x390 on eBay Empty x390 on eBay

Post by Brainfertilizer Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:51 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemNext&item=300734955871&autorefresh=true

I'm in, but I'm not sure I can go high enough to win. If you are going to bid, PM me so we can deconflict.
Brainfertilizer

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

X390 - x390 on eBay Empty Re: x390 on eBay

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:13 am

That is a very nice example. I would love to go for it but I need to move a few before I can let the egas run wild again.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Ah! This one! I refrained from posting in the hopes that no one would notice it! haha I'm going to try for it, but I'm hoping that the $300 jump in bidding over a 16 hour period doesn't become a trend!
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Society Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:11 am

The seller seems to have ended the auction! How come?! Shocked
Society
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Society wrote:The seller seems to have ended the auction! How come?! Shocked

Must've been selling it locally as well.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Sold it.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenn Gordon Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:25 pm

still selling my x390CB
Kenn Gordon
Registered Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Broke sad
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:58 pm

Kenn Gordon wrote:still selling my x390CB

Not the condition yours is in and at that silly price.

By the way what happened to the switch tip?

Last edited by Westbone on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Well, he said it was ended because he was taking offers. I put in my offer of $800-900, and he said no. He also spouted about what the last one went for, as if I didn't know, and was a little snotty about my offer. Just a bit of venting here, I'm sick of that. I don't know why he (and another seller above) seemed to think I know nothing about Westones when I know quite a lot for an eighteen year old kid, and a hell of a lot more than he does. Whew! Anyway. I didn't get it, so I'm looking again! haha
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:17 pm

some people really need it....
some people got to have it....

for the love of money
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:31 pm

^ +1

Well, he still has it. I was again told, "I've got it. I know what it's worth." Yes, yes. You are the expert, I'm aware. Rolling Eyes
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:23 am

Unfortunately, if, as legend and TP indicate, there are indeed only 96 of these, then this seller is in the box seat; if you want it, you'll have to pay his price.

I have nothing against resale for profit, but I do dislike straight out gouging and mis-representaion.
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:40 am

Well, my second attempt at getting an X390 ended with me thanking him for letting me make an offer and him replying that I never had a chance and I was $800 off. Suspect haha At least I have my nice attitude going for me!
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 pm

What last one was he talking about j.a.c.?

The last one I know of is the same one midhilis formerly owned which is in the process of an attempted flip by the new owner. Your offer would have been more than reasonable if that was the baseline.

This was the one with replacement EMG's in it right? Wonder what happened to the '75's it came with.

It is a shame really that there are those out there for whom such a beautiful instrument is seen only through the lens of profit and loss. While it does pique a certain amount of curiosity in me to know what a complete and perfect example would fetch it still falls far short of knowing the sheer joy of listening to one being played.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:14 am

I have no idea, Iceman. The last one that went that I knew of was exactly the one you said that midhillis sold, but there was no use arguing with this guy. He was quite rude to me, unfortunately.

Great minds... on wondering what happened to the '75's, by the way.
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Great minds think alike.

Fools never differ. lol!

Joke......clown
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Phartindust Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Just contacted this guy, says he still has it. Looking for $1600, way out of my league. Crying or Very sad
Phartindust
Phartindust
Registered Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Back to top Go down

X390 - x390 on eBay Empty westone x390pw with emg's on ebay

Post by christoyoyo Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:25 pm

hi you guys.i am the seller on ebay of that guitar. i am very sorry if i came across as being rude. this is a beautiful guitar in almost mint condition, but it does not have it's case. i would really like to befriend you guys, and i hope that you understand my apologies for being seemingly rude are genuinely heartfelt. i just got alot of offers for $100 $250, i hope someone gets the jist. all these prices were including shipping! i never meant to be rude and personal to you at all. i have had several westones one of them being a set neck sss configuration i believe i sold to someone in ohio..just a beauty, u shaped neck heavy and as toneful as you would ever need a guitar to be. other than the x390ww i have a pheonix by electra sss configuration, with push pull pots and it roasts just about anything anyone puts it up against it. bolt on neck.black, with the origional trem bar.which is just hte same shape etc as westones, but i don't understand why it doesn't say westone on it. maybe it was made before westone was up and running? sincerely i hope to make some good relationships here....i can take pics of the x390, so you can see it if you like, i also have 50 or so japanese guitars, l love them, and am in awe of their quality..washburn eagle, squier tele, epiphone riviera double cutaway aria fixed neck les pauls with the flying v headstocks, vantage ghost, ibanez l6s, neck thru bcrich eagle, so many..only a post like this would appreciate, japanese sigms dr28s dr35's alvarez acoustics, vantage tele..i hope some of you guys can understand my passion for japanese guitars, and it seems you do! any hoo... to the guys that emailed me on ebay,or who i spoke to on the phone please except my sincerest apologies for coming across as so rude, my name is chris, i live in alabama..tho' i've lived across the globe in my youth, i was born in scarbrough yorkshire.i love the uk and indonesia. hoping i've healed some wounds,and look forward to making friends......
christoyoyo
christoyoyo
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:51 pm

Welcome Chris. Glad you decided to stop in and I certainly hope you stay awhile.

More than few of us also have deep interest in MIJ brands like Aria, Vantage, Ibanez and many other minor labors like Greco, Goya and the like. If you would like to post pics of your Westies and Electra we would love to take a gander.
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by christoyoyo Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:46 pm

HI ICEMAN! can i only post pics of westones? thanks alot for the kind words. but how do i post pictures on this post? i am really ignorant when is comes to "crop" and whatever it takes to reduce the "size" of pictures taken with my camera...i want to be a part of this, but am really unsure how to do it,chris
christoyoyo
christoyoyo
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:54 am

What a Face There is a post in the "FAQ" section written by Barry which does an excellent job of describing the process to you. Most if us here utilize the Photobucket route I think.

If all else fail you could email them to me and I can get them up for you too. I believe you need to have a minimum of 10 posts or so before you have permissions to post pics anyway. The icon near my avatar resembling an envelope is a link to my email.

Non-Westone guitars would also be welcome to a degree in the Non-Westone section but I wouldn't flood it with too much of that (my opinion only). After all this is probably one of the most successful forums out there that is dedicated to what in the big picture is a rather esoteric and lesser known brand. Our fanaticism to that sole brand is a testament to that.

**EDIT** By "FAQ" section I am referring to the subforum found in the "New Here?" section on the main page, not the dropdown link next to the home shortcut in the banner.
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by christoyoyo Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:47 pm

OHH hey man, thanks for your response. i don't understand the forum rules. i am worried that if i post pics other than westones i'll get kicked off...i really love japanese guitars. but i really love hearing about other peoples too! does anyone have any pics of their japanese guitars or am i in the wrong place? i'm a little confused.....chris
christoyoyo
christoyoyo
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by christoyoyo Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:35 pm

hi, i just love mij guitars iceman. but other than westones can i send pics of other mij guitars.you g.uys seem so friendly just hoping this extends to "outsiders"..i'm so desperate to communicate with others that share my passion for these, but am yet to find someone in this beautiful state of alabama..i'm british, but knowledge here seems to escape the majority,dumbfound the minority and illude the he he "other" catagority.. on the serious side though... some challenging,weather wrong or right, "proovable" or heresay would be so well welcomed..i have a lust for knowledge as far as this subject goes.i'd go into it further, but i fear that i may be ridiculed for my kust for information
christoyoyo
christoyoyo
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:50 am

many of us here have more than just westone guitars. i have a collection of over 100 japanese guitars, Matsumoku and others...

post up some pics and whatever you want to share about them in the Non-Westone section. you can get the conversation started and see who responds. that is pretty much how it all works.

in case you haven't discovered some of the related forums, check out these others...
matsumoku forum
electra forum
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:01 pm

+1 to Mike's comments Chris. I don't mean to sound like I am discouraging you from posting pics as the Non-Westone section means just that.

More than a few of us are active on the other Forums Mike provided links to, you can find me on all of them as well as 5 or 6 others, but I am most active on this one and the Electra and Mats sites.
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

X390 - x390 on eBay Empty OK what about this question?

Post by christoyoyo Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:50 pm

i have a question, as you guys seem very knowledgeable. within the price range of this guitar recently... what other guitars wuold you put it up against? as far as features, collectability go? even future colectability? within this pricerange? i guess 1000-2000 us dollars? i'm yet to find one as detail oriented as this, without mentioning the banned woods this is constructed of used in this guitar at a constitent price, new at all. i hope this question appeals to someone who is willing to give their perspective, i'm yet to come up with much at all
christoyoyo
christoyoyo
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:12 pm

To tell you the truth Chris I do not think there is a builder out there that can match the quality of the Westone line as a whole at the pricepoint that they can be had for today. I have a very good bud who plays regularly in a band throughout the Mnpls./St. Paul metro area and he recently got a new guit that comes close on the quality but at a greater price if you want me to attempt an apples to apples comparison.

He got a Carvin from their custom shop having tweaked it according to the options they offer. It is a very handsome instrument, plays nice and smooth, and the build quality is as good as most PRS's that I have seen up close. And he still ended up forking out near to $2200 when the dust settled.

And it still does not quite meet the quality from a build standpoint of many of my Westones. I have 2 Electras from the 70's that it nearly matches and one that it still cannot quite reach. Electronics and pups... sure, that Carvin edges out the technology built back in the 70's and 80's, as a whole though... not to my eyes.

But when you consider that a Spectrum FX from early 1986 is still an overall "better" guitar and it can be had at near or less than a quarter of the price of what you are comparing it to... you can make your own mind up on that one.

Just my $0.02 now, mind you.
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

X390 - x390 on eBay Empty OHHH ICEMAN!

Post by christoyoyo Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:16 am

you know i never considerd comparing them to carvin. but if anyone was going to come close i can see your point. it really would be them, prs i am not their grearest fan, but carvin, now you've mentioned it is such an a1 choice! I had a good friend wanting to trade me for my black 1980 ibanez artist for a dc150 i believe the dc was from 1985, fire engine red, ebony fret board, the only reason i didn't is because it had some type of sd pickups in it. they were so harsh, they actually hurt my ears at low volume if that makes any sense to you. i did own a neck thru carvin bass however constructed in october 1985, what a gorgrous guitar.. it was pearl white, ebony fretboard and even had a kahler trem, i thought i'd never use it on a bass, but after getting familiar with it, it was perfectably useable. but the red 6 strin i mentioned, was an incredible guitar. i could still trade it with him for the artist. the artist has emgs in it but i also have the origional pickups from it also. i thought about putting the stock pups from the carvin back in it, as they came with the trade as well,but never really "loved" carvin pups.at least so far..he had the sd models made for carvin by semour duncan, rather like the "custom" ibanezes still do 16 pole..never heard them before probably great pups, never known sd to make a "bad" custom pup for anyone yet...but man an almost mint 1980 ibanez artist (ar50" but with all the trimmings, binding on the neck and body mop inlays on the headstock, never looks like it was touched is soooooo hard to part with, and i didn't mention the orig case. which the carv came with too..but it just didn't feel quite the same.. i do "swap out " the two guitars with him from time to time though, and your suggestion
(my 2 c worth ) was as close as anyone would ever get.. man i love this conversation, thanks a million,chris
christoyoyo
christoyoyo
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by GtrGeorge! Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 am

Welcome!!!
GtrGeorge
GtrGeorge!
Westone Nut