The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repair to the finish on a red Spectrum SX

2 posters

Go down

Repair to the finish on a red Spectrum SX Empty Repair to the finish on a red Spectrum SX

Post by Stefan 4 Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 am

Hi all

I got a Specturm SX from the bay of doom a while back and i love it Smile. I got it for what i consider sa great price Smile the downside is it was covered in stickers - no problem, an evening peeling them off and some t cut - job done. The main issue is some "PUNK"! grrr scrached "CLASH" into the finish - right on the front. What would be a good way to try and repair/minise this, or is it even possible. I'm a bit reluctant to get a full re-finish on it as its all original.

I live in Sheffield, England so if anyone can suggest any repair shops then that would be much appreciated.
Stefan 4
Stefan 4
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Repair to the finish on a red Spectrum SX Empty Re: Repair to the finish on a red Spectrum SX

Post by westcoaster Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Barry put this link up a while back, from the matsumoko forum. Deals with drop filling, amazing results.

http://www.matsumoku.org/ggboard/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7135

Think the most difficult bit of this is getting a good colour match, but it shows what can be done.
westcoaster
westcoaster

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Repair to the finish on a red Spectrum SX Empty Re: Repair to the finish on a red Spectrum SX

Post by Stefan 4 Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:02 pm

That's amaising!, thanks for the link. I think I will look into getting some supplies. Though the spectrum would be the first westone to be repaired, I don't think it will be the last Wink
Stefan 4
Stefan 4
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down