The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

old arbor brand guitar id help wanted

2 posters

Go down

old arbor brand guitar id help wanted Empty old arbor brand guitar id help wanted

Post by caucajun Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:53 pm

i got a new-old arbor strat copy today. it looks like japan manufacture. ply body.

any arbor experts? resources?

old arbor brand guitar id help wanted Arborstratbody

old arbor brand guitar id help wanted Arborstratapart

old arbor brand guitar id help wanted Arborstrathead

old arbor brand guitar id help wanted Arborstratback

Ccjn

Last edited by caucajun on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
caucajun
caucajun

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

old arbor brand guitar id help wanted Empty Re: old arbor brand guitar id help wanted

Post by hoax Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:29 pm

I used to have an early Hohner Arbor Stratocaster in Shell Pink Metallic. The headstock was finished in the same colour.

It was ply wood and I always believed it was made in Korea in the eighties.

If yours is the same, you will find that the pickups are really good and are far stronger than stock Fenders.

It played and sounded very well.

Hoax
hoax
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

old arbor brand guitar id help wanted Empty Re: old arbor brand guitar id help wanted

Post by caucajun Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:21 pm

pics added
caucajun
caucajun

Back to top Go down

Post by hoax Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Pickups look the same - about 9 to 9.5k Ohms from memory. I liked them so much I bought another set for a Vester Strat.

Headstock shape is the same.

Do a search for Hohner or Hohner Arbor and you should find something

Hoax
hoax
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 pm

wow - I just played one of those. I was on vacation in the Bahamas a few months ago, and a street musician was playing one along with a drum machine. My lady was is in the shop next to where he was playing so I decided to stay and listen to him. I donated a few dollars and we chatted. I let him know I played guitar and he took the guitar strap and threw it over my head and said " you are welcome, play me something!"

So I played a bit on the street in downtown on an Arbor guitar which I had never heard of before along with a generic drum machine beat. I played some basic reggae type chords for the "tourists" since I was no longer one - I was a street guy Smile

I no made no monee mon.

But we did talk about the Arbor -I told him I had never seen one, and he said he got it from his son. it looked exactly like yours - color - everything.

I found it was lighter than any strat I have ever played, and for the little I played it through his little keyboard amp sounded decent. Sounded like a guitar with average PUPS on a Pine body, but who knows? The thing was VERY light.

It sounded good to me - but I was in the good spirits of the Bahamian times and brew Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 am

sarcaster:

does ya just gotta have it? or, whut?Twisted Evil
caucajun
caucajun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down