The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to this Genesis II ?!?!

4 posters

Go down

Genesis - What happened to this Genesis II ?!?! Empty What happened to this Genesis II ?!?!

Post by Iceman Tue May 01, 2012 11:20 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westone-XA-1630-Anniversary-Edition-Electric-Guitar-1987-/290705205295?pt=Guitar&hash=item43af61682f

Anybody recognize what sort of trem that is???
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Genesis - What happened to this Genesis II ?!?! Empty Re: What happened to this Genesis II ?!?!

Post by gittarasaurus Tue May 01, 2012 11:53 pm

i have inquired with the seller so he has added a picture of the back with the covers removed.

i asked about the finish and he wrote that the finish "looked original"
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Genesis - What happened to this Genesis II ?!?! Empty Re: What happened to this Genesis II ?!?!

Post by corsair Wed May 02, 2012 2:22 am

Mine's that white, now aged to an ivory, shade. That's been heavily modded with the hard tail bridge, pickups changed out etc.

And all of the hardware has gone, down to the Allen key holder .... Still.... looks very tidy.

I've got a spare Bendmaster Deluxe if anyone fancies their chances....
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Wed May 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Iceman, I bought that very same bridge to tart up a tatty old peavy strat. cheap and reasonably stable considering it is held on with only 3 screws, but looks great imo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Top-Mount-Hardtail-Fixed-Electric-Guitar-Bridge-Chrome-/130491866031?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1e61ebdbaf
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Genesis - What happened to this Genesis II ?!?! Empty and here it is again

Post by gittarasaurus Wed May 30, 2012 7:26 pm

with amusing commentary from an obviously agravated seller, and rightly so...
DOH!

apparently the person who bought it last time around was not quite on the ball and couldn't actually see the pictures on the listing. so they returned the guitar.

the sarcastic commentary from the seller is just great:

UPDATE, THIS GUITAR SOLD AND WAS RETURNED, HERE IS WHAT THE BUYER SAID: "In case you didn't know this guitar originally had a Floyd Rose type bridge and a locking nut. Someone went to a lot of effort to turn it into a hard tail... perhaps the SLM (Westone) Custom Shop. Tom Presley, the Product Manager for SLM said this is one of his favorite guitars..." Sounds like he knows one hell of a lot more than me, that being said, I'm relisting and selling as-is no returns so please bid accordingly.

"in case you didn't know...", oh gee thanks mr smart guy! i guess he knows Tom Presley personally too.

i'm gonna make up a new abbreviation for buyers like that - WAFAH!
people like that must make selling on eBay a total nightmare.
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 7:34 pm

I think it was refinished, and a decent job from the pics, but you can see the spots near the neck pocket where a bit of wood may have been sanded away. Trem cavity filled like my x300 basically. Not the best hardtail bridge out there, but if it was placed properly it should be pretty cool. I wouldn't have paid that for it unless seeing it up close and playing it. But if all was done well, then a cool mod eh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:25 am

come here little puppie.... are you lost and unwanted? Sad
poor little doggie....what have they done to you???
Genesis - What happened to this Genesis II ?!?! Puppy
okay, okay.... you can come home with me..... Very Happy
Genesis - What happened to this Genesis II ?!?! Ry%3D480
very nice refinish on the body, except for a couple bonks around the edges.
the bridge saddles needed some adjusting but it seems like they can be raised high enough. more fine tuning later. the electronics are all present, but the 5-way switch is not connected correctly, neck and middle pups are reversed and i have to check the bridge pup too, some noise there, so something else not right.
on first impression, pretty good deal. a bit of tweeking and it should work just fine.
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down