The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

apple red thunder 1-T for sale.......again!

4 posters

Go down

apple red thunder 1-T for sale.......again! Empty apple red thunder 1-T for sale.......again!

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:06 am

Due to a HUGE washing machine repair bill, (damn siemens) This has to go I'm afraid

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/g/6/sdc10804ed.jpg/

includes the original case and non-original whammy bar (too high to be useable).

note the small chip in the paint on the side beneath the pots, and the 2 dents on the backside, the dent in the trem cavity plate and the slight buckle rash.
also there are a few very slight 'dents' on the front, looks like someone dropped a small marble from a few inches a couple of times, can only be seen in certai lights.
strings are regular slinky 10's, played about ten times.

I considered dressing the frets as there is a small amount of wear on the first few as befits a 30 year old guitar, but I'm a complete novice working with the fret file and wouldnt want to make a mess of it.....plus I need a quick sale

I would prefer pickup from Gateshead ( cuppa and biscuit come free) but I can reluctantly post it as it fits nice and snug in the case.

cheers

Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

apple red thunder 1-T for sale.......again! Empty Re: apple red thunder 1-T for sale.......again!

Post by corsair Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:46 am

You're about 10 months too late, fella; I was in Gateshead in May last year and would have bitten your arm off!! Bit far away now... Cool
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

apple red thunder 1-T for sale.......again! Empty Re: apple red thunder 1-T for sale.......again!

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:07 am

damn shame......should only be a few weeks drive for you though? Smile
I wonder if DuoFuzz or his brother would be interested........................being local lads and all......
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:42 pm

Now sold to Steve (G.A.S Man)
Steve and Dan (duo Fuzz), bloody nice blokes!
Cheers guys!
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Bad news = I sold my only westone
Good news = Its gone to a good home
Bad news = washing machine died
Good news = New machine already paid for!

now about that concord..............
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by DuoFuzz Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:38 pm

It was a pleasure meeting you mate, hope you don't miss the Thunder 1T to much, it's a beautiful guitar.

Steve has left the guitar with me for now (I still own half of it till he pays me back! What a Face ). He is thinking about setting the trem to float, so that's another job for me then, on top of his Concord 1....... Rolling Eyes

Anyway, my bro is chuffed to bits with his new Westone and it looks like the money has come in handy, so everyone is a winner!

Once again, thanks for your hospitality.

Cheers.

DAN.
DuoFuzz
DuoFuzz

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Another happy ending! *sniff*

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8695
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down