The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks to be a Dimension in Snakeskin in Vancouver, BC

4 posters

Go down

Looks to be a Dimension in Snakeskin in Vancouver, BC Empty Looks to be a Dimension in Snakeskin in Vancouver, BC

Post by Iceman Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:26 pm

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/msg/2904304054.html

Not the best cell phone shots, but that stacked singlecoil doesn't lie...

Go get it BrainFertilizer !!
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Looks to be a Dimension in Snakeskin in Vancouver, BC Empty Re: Looks to be a Dimension in Snakeskin in Vancouver, BC

Post by Brainfertilizer Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:52 am

Iceman wrote:http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/msg/2904304054.html

Not the best cell phone shots, but that stacked singlecoil doesn't lie...

Go get it BrainFertilizer !!
Too rich for my blood right now... Sad
Brainfertilizer

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Looks to be a Dimension in Snakeskin in Vancouver, BC Empty Re: Looks to be a Dimension in Snakeskin in Vancouver, BC

Post by mortarman120gang11c Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Looks nice but not python skin maybe anaconda or may be a paint job hard to tell from the pics.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:57 pm

I am not aware of any Dimensions going to the Custom Shop for the treatment so it may very well be aftermarket. But if a buyer special ordered it that model is the correct period for whem SLM was doing it.

One thing I've learned for certain by now with all SLM imports is to never be surprised.
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainfertilizer Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Actually, after thinking about it, I am going to get it, since no one else has called dibs.

If the seller will ship, of course.
Brainfertilizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainfertilizer Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:42 pm

He won't ship to the US.

Sad
Brainfertilizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:03 am

Send him this link...

http://www.google.com/search?q=ups+store+vancouver+bc&hl=en&safe=active&client=ms-android-verizon&sa=G&sky=mrdr&site=webhp&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=plcs&tbo=u&ei=RV1lT4qTJ8LNsgKW_sC4Dw&ved=0CEUQtQM&biw=569&bih=295

How tough can it be to drop it off at a UPS Store? There are 9 of them in and around Vancouver for goodness sake!! If you really want it you can have a courier get it at his house and deliver it for you.

Then the lazy so-and-so won't miss a moment of Days of Our Lives from his couch while eatin' hiz Cheetos.
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:04 pm

I REALLY like this guitar, sad we can't get the thing. Sad
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainfertilizer Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:52 pm

The Chad wrote:I REALLY like this guitar, sad we can't get the thing. Sad

Go ahead and use Iceman's line of argument.
I was just looking for a reason to not buy the guitar...I've got to reduce my number of guitars, not expand.

For me, the essential conflict is epitomized between this and the Spectrum 1A (in the other thread, that I also finally decided to not pursue):

I love my MIK Challenger.
I love the Stylist pickups, they really sound awesome...just about the best tone for my ears in any guitar I own.
I love the Kahler-licensed Floyd Rose trem, hands down the most stable trem on any guitar I own.

The Spectrum 1A has the Stylist pickups, but lacks the Kahler trem (has the outdated, single-locking trem).
The Dimension has the Kahler trem I love, but lacks the Stylist pickups (has the Alnico Heatwave pickups).

So it is highly likely that neither one would really scratch the itch, so why throw extra money after them?

In fact, I already have the guitar that sets the standard for all other non-collectible guitars, so why keep looking?

Why indeed?

...I think it is due to some fear of having only one perfect guitar, and then playing it so much it wears out the frets, wears out the trem, wears out the pickups, and is too expensive and/or impossible to repair and return to the current "perfect for me" condition I love so much.
Brainfertilizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down