The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Harmon CD about Westone-Electra X189 and X199

3 posters

Go down

Tom Harmon CD about Westone-Electra X189 and X199 Empty Tom Harmon CD about Westone-Electra X189 and X199

Post by Brainfertilizer Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:57 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electra-Westone-Sound-Design-Demo-by-Tim-Harman-Spectrum-X189-X199-Guitars-CD-/110834608597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ce41e9d5

I bought this.

It is fair. It is a recorded CD, so no collector value to it at all.

It is kind of cool to hear the examples being played, and to hear it explained from one of the horse's mouths, as it were...

...but I wouldn't recommend purchasing it unless you are the type to purchase photocopies of old guitar catalogs: if you are thirsting for any additional information, viewpoint, or description of Westone tech.

I don't consider it wasted money, but don't purchase it expecting any sort of holy grail. I expected it to be a video, so I was disappointed...but the website clearly describes it as a CD, so I have to blame my reading comprehension.
Brainfertilizer

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Tom Harmon CD about Westone-Electra X189 and X199 Empty Re: Tom Harmon CD about Westone-Electra X189 and X199

Post by Iceman Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:07 pm

I bought the original from the same seller BF, and it showed up cracked from center to edge with only the labeling holding it together. I am still trying to find out who this Tim Harman character is and what his connection to SLM or Westone actually was.

The seller also burned me a copy, gratis, to make up for the original getting damaged in shipping.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Tom Harmon CD about Westone-Electra X189 and X199 Empty Re: Tom Harmon CD about Westone-Electra X189 and X199

Post by colt933 Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:35 pm

I believe I have referred to him before in posts here, but not by his name as I could not remember it. I referred to him as 'the gentleman'. He had lots of good info relating to Westone guitars and claimed to personally know Presley. He said he made it back stage to a Yes show once but that Rabin wouldn't talk to him even though he dropped Presley's name. He said Anderson was nice though.

He used to market his CD on Ebay and the pictures in the Ad were of all of his Spectrum FX and Pantera 390 guitars I believe. He had one of every color as I recall. It has been several years. I'll try to dig up my posts about him.
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down