The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with a Kahlerd pantera.

4 posters

Go down

Pantera - Need help with a Kahlerd pantera. Empty Need help with a Kahlerd pantera.

Post by Menahemd Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:15 am

i bought a pantera x390pw,over 2 years ago.
and i have been having trouble to make the bridge keep in tune when using the whammy bar.
i have tried to lubricating the bridge,changing the rollers to new ones,soldering the string tips but still no luck...
any suggestions?
Menahemd
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Need help with a Kahlerd pantera. Empty Re: Need help with a Kahlerd pantera.

Post by Iceman Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:45 am

Welcome to you. Do you have any pictures of the culprit you could post?

The entire guit going out of tune or just some of the strings? Nut lock on the opposite end not slipping?

Have you investigated adding another spring if that is possible? Fine tuning screws all good, nothing stripped out there?

Very nice guit you have on your hands. These are really coming out of the woodwork as of late.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Need help with a Kahlerd pantera. Empty Re: Need help with a Kahlerd pantera.

Post by Menahemd Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:25 pm

http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t2972-my-pantera-x390pwthunder1-a as for the pics...

when i bend a string,it goes pitch down and i have to dive with the bridge to get it back to pitch...
well when i pull up and down it stays in tune...
Menahemd
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Menahemd wrote:http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t2972-my-pantera-x390pwthunder1-a as for the pics...

when i bend a string,it goes pitch down and i have to dive with the bridge to get it back to pitch...
well when i pull up and down it stays in tune...

to me, that sounds like the string locks are letting the strings slip.

or the other possibility that comes to mind is, the tremolo needs lubrication on it's pivot points so that is moves without hinderance and returns to 'home' every time.
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1500
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Do you still have the instruction cards/manual that came with the guitar? Those Kahler Pro trems have about as many adjustment choices as a Aria U100.

If not I am (slowly, but painfully) scanning mine and sending it to Barry to get up on the archive side of the site. I hope to have all the pages to him by tomorrow. Is yours a Kahler Pro or a Kahler Flyer?

**EDIT** Nevermind, I just checked the pics, it is a Kahler Pro. Are the screws on your string clamps replacements and are you certain the thread is correct? If strings are not slipping I'm inclined to agree with Mike that it is not lubricated enough to return freely to position. That or more spring tension is needed. Should be two springs minimum underneath there.

Last edited by Iceman on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Menahemd Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:56 pm

kahler pro
Menahemd
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 am

How about the nut slots? Have you gone up in string gauge? For the guitar to stay in tune, the strings must slide smoothly across the nut. If your string lock is secure and your tremolo is functioning correctly, then it must be a problem with strings binding at the nut. This is the Achilles heel of the Kahler system - it is NOT double locking like a Floyd Rose so the nut must be PERFECT!
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down