The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Bought A Westone Dimension iv

+8
The Chad
fish
corsair
beavis
Iceman
hoax
hobster
rabidgerry
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dimension - I Bought A Westone Dimension iv - Page 2 Empty Re: I Bought A Westone Dimension iv

Post by rabidgerry Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:28 am

corsair wrote:
rabidgerry wrote:Oh and thanks Corsair for the paint advise. I know my local home depot type store does paint matching, I'm not sure if they do a spray tin though? You get these in the states?

You're welcome, and I've had spray bombs made in New Zealand, Australia and the UK, you generally get these from firms that supply the automotive paint industry, and I'm betting there's a couple in Belfast! Very Happy

my apologies Corsair, I assumed you were stateside when I said about the paint!! Yeah I gotta check the paint shop out. Too busy playing the guitar at the mo!!!

and I feel I haven't explained my self proper earlier, but I definately in the WES-TONE camp, made sense to me. 1st one I played was back in like '97 westone thunder I think, I was rubbish then but I remember thinking I didn't like the shape but it sounded great!!! I think now I don't mind the shape.

guys here is a link but if you don't like kinda metal it will probably sound c r a p!! It is a video I had made when I first got the guitar, it is pretty much straight outta the case at this point!! It isn't very co ordinated I'm just messing around so apologies to any great guitarists who see the video and think I'm a plonker lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXmDncbJhQg

I will hopefully get some more sounds up for you to check

Oh Oh I got access to youtube in work, and I saw the spring dampening tip!! Totally amazing. My techinique worked but I was always consious that the sponge would get caught in the trem springs when using the trem. Thanks again Barry pirat

Last edited by rabidgerry on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell!!)

rabidgerry
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-01-28

http://www.myspace.com/rabidbitch

Back to top Go down

Dimension - I Bought A Westone Dimension iv - Page 2 Empty Re: I Bought A Westone Dimension iv

Post by corsair Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:37 am

Very metal, very Bad News!! Gee, they certainly fit the whole vibe quite nicely, mate.. Well played! Very Happy
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by rabidgerry Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:09 am

corsair wrote:Very metal, very Bad News!! Gee, they certainly fit the whole vibe quite nicely, mate.. Well played! Very Happy

thanks!!! mind you Bad News were terrible Razz
(but very funny, love those comedy sketches) They played Donington in the mid 80's as part of a sketch!!! Horrifically boo'd!! but really funny!!!
rabidgerry
rabidgerry
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-01-28

http://www.myspace.com/rabidbitch

Back to top Go down

Dimension - I Bought A Westone Dimension iv - Page 2 Empty westone dimension IV

Post by g.man Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:58 pm

good afternoon to you all. this is my first foray into this forum. i own a red dimension IV which i have recently retrieved from the closet where it has been sitting for about 4 years. i had meant to put it back together but never got around to it til now. i tried unsuccessfully to rewire the pots as per web wiring diagrams but after a few tries gave up on them. since i am selling it i just put in emg's which are what most of the musicians in the london ontario canada area want. it is a beautiful guitar and worthy of a good price. the price of 550 which the other member paid i believe is a good one. although it is about what the market will bear and is willing to pay. i was fortunate to have all the parts it came with and have put the originals in the case. they are great instruments! thx
g.man
g.man

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:10 pm

Welcome to you g.man. Glad you found the forum.

You will have better luck I believe in finding a buyer if you post your intentions in the proper area of the forum, which is the for sale or wanted section.

Good luck to you.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Dimension - I Bought A Westone Dimension iv - Page 2 Empty no sale

Post by g.man Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:25 am

hi. sorry if i led you to believe i was selling my dimension IV via my post. i am still working on it but have buyers waiting til i say it's ready. i was just letting you know i thought the price you paid was fair. i was trying mine out on a different amp tonight at my shop and the emg's i installed give it such clarity that i am tempted to keep it. i know i won't though but it really is a unique guitar. i'm sure you will be very happy with your acquisition. enjoy
g.man
g.man

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:57 am

g.man wrote: since i am selling it i just put in emg's which are what most of the musicians in the london ontario canada area want.

lol! Tell that to Barry! cheers
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:43 pm

hobster wrote:
g.man wrote: since i am selling it i just put in emg's which are what most of the musicians in the london ontario canada area want.
Evil or Very Mad No

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry

Number of posts : 8695
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:07 pm

hobster wrote:

Well, at least they aren't left handed EMG's... Rolling Eyes
Iceman
Iceman

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by light01 Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Hello!

Congrats for getting that awesome deal! Post pictures if you can Very Happy
light01
light01
Registered Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2