The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Matts Aria craftsmanship at it's best

5 posters

Go down

Aria - Uncle Matts Aria craftsmanship at it's best Empty Uncle Matts Aria craftsmanship at it's best

Post by mortarman120gang11c Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:03 pm

This is what pride of workmanship, quality and craftsmanship, and overall excellent production looks like from our beloved Uncle Matt Aria lineup. This is a true thing of beauty and a pleasure to play and is also easy on the eyes as well.

https://s975.photobucket.com/albums/ae233/mortarman120gang11c/A%20beauty%20of%20an%20Aria%20Pro/

[img]Aria - Uncle Matts Aria craftsmanship at it's best DSCN0468[/img]

[img]Aria - Uncle Matts Aria craftsmanship at it's best DSCN0473[/img]
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Aria - Uncle Matts Aria craftsmanship at it's best Empty Re: Uncle Matts Aria craftsmanship at it's best

Post by The Chad Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 am

My my my Arthur, wow! Shocked Hubba hubba. These are my favorite LP style guitars, so cleverly done and CURVEY!!!

Case and all?! What a score. Nice touch that the cavity cover is wood, what a quality idea. Color is superb too, are the knobs original? They're great looking at any rate. Bridge is interesting, what's the screw sticking out for? Love to hear this thing, I've never heard one. How would you describe the sound?

The font and headstock shape are odd, what year is she?

Full of questions, sorry. Can you tell I'm excited? Laughing
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Aria - Uncle Matts Aria craftsmanship at it's best Empty Re: Uncle Matts Aria craftsmanship at it's best

Post by Iceman Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:06 am

I don't understand??? So where do the MPC modules go then? Wink
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 am

She is a beauty to the eyes and ears for certain. to answer your questions yes those are the original knobs as she is 100% original intact even has Aria Pro leather guitar strap and case keys. The screw on the tailpiece was a mystery but I found out it is an adjustment for intonation. would have never thought of that but even though a minor adjustment it works very well and is easy to use to tweak it dead on. This is a first year production model 1977 Aria Pro PE-1000 model and the body is a gorgeous Birdseye Maple. I also like the wooden control cover as it add that extra edge to the quality craftsmanship look. This one plays and sounds like a dream. Plays with ease and has low smooth action. Best I can describe the sound is a merger between a PRS Mccarty and a Les Paul Custom. Has silky smooth tone and clairity for days but when turned up can scream and growl with the best of them as the pups have power to spare.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:17 am

Ice only the Electra guitars had the MPC modules so this Aria Pro has none. Would be really cool if it did but this has qualities that speak for itself.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 am

A '77?! Sweet find. From what you wrote about the sound it seems to fit how it looks, if you know what I mean! What a gorgeous girl, and how rare is it to have all original like you do! What's the back story on acquiring this guitar?

Again, just a beauty. Cool
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:22 am

I can't take the credit for this one. Scored this one from a great source DrDave am member on the Electra Forums. He is a wizzard when it comes to finding great gear.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Always have loved these...great score! cyclops

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry

Number of posts : 8695
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:27 pm

mortarman120gang11c wrote:Ice only the Electra guitars had the MPC modules so this Aria Pro has none. Would be really cool if it did but this has qualities that speak for itself.

I'm pretty sure Ice was joking (the silly man), yeah these are some of the finest APII's ever made. These are my favorites besides the hollowbodies, what a score my man! Makes me wonder if they were a bit of an inspiration for Mr. Paul Reed Smith.
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:11 pm

hobster wrote:
mortarman120gang11c wrote:Ice only the Electra guitars had the MPC modules so this Aria Pro has none. Would be really cool if it did but this has qualities that speak for itself.

I'm pretty sure Ice was joking (the silly man), yeah these are some of the finest APII's ever made. These are my favorites besides the hollowbodies, what a score my man! Makes me wonder if they were a bit of an inspiration for Mr. Paul Reed Smith.

...hook, line and sinker!! :joker: Just abit of a nudge at your preferred line of acquisitions, Arthur. I do realize you have room in your life for more than just Phoenix's & SuperRock's.
Iceman
Iceman

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:43 pm

Well it would make an awesome MPC model also right there with the Vulcan models. My egas it seems has now spilled over into the Aria,Westone, Vantage, and other models. Oh well, what a way to go.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:42 pm

I like the heel on that guitar - looks very comfortable. I haven't played an AP since 1984 - My guitar teacher had one and raved about it. I was just starting out and couldn't tell the difference between treble and bass at the time. But since he picked out my 84 strat out of a hundred that he tried, I trust he knew what he was talkin about.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down