The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dynasty as close to NOS as one could hope???

5 posters

Go down

dynasty - A Dynasty as close to NOS as one could hope??? Empty A Dynasty as close to NOS as one could hope???

Post by Iceman Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:05 pm

http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/msg/2648948921.html

A few more pics would help out for a starting price of $350.

*** EDIT 12.9.2011 *** New listing link, I think...

http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/msg/2734379361.html

Last edited by Iceman on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

dynasty - A Dynasty as close to NOS as one could hope??? Empty hey thats me

Post by Russman Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:49 am

i was just searching online for a westone forum and what do i find? My craigslist ad posted on the forum lol. Thank you for helping me spread the word. Your title is very correct, it is the epitome of NOS.
Russman
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

dynasty - A Dynasty as close to NOS as one could hope??? Empty Re: A Dynasty as close to NOS as one could hope???

Post by Iceman Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:49 am

That's sweet, Russman!! Welcome to the forums.

If it is still available would you have some additional pictures if the guitar you could post here? Or you could send them to me and I could get them up for you.

$350 is about the ceiling for this model if it is in virtually perfect condition. Better pictures would help your cause...
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

dynasty - A Dynasty as close to NOS as one could hope??? Empty Re: A Dynasty as close to NOS as one could hope???

Post by Russman Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:55 am

Ill take some detailed pictures this afternoon. I had a local vintage guitar tech go over this dynasty when I got it and he said I had a gem. Im afraid to play it hard its so clean and I have a tendency to ding pointy guitars lol
Russman
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Russman Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:12 pm

I have the pics. I've created a photobucket account and uploaded the hi-res pics on there so just search my username Mustardchief

I'm very critical of the condition of things so i've tried to be as informative as possible with the pics.

Here are the defects i've found, although "defects" sounds a little much for what they are.

1. There is a thin line of paint uneven-ness where the neck joint meets the neck, it is about 1.5mm wide and i tried very hard to get a pic close enough to see it.
2. On the lower cutaway there seems to be some blemishing in the undercoat of the paint. Looks like a bit of a 3d effect under the clear. Also took a pic.
3. Slight oxidation on the edges of the neck bolt screws and pickup cover screws. I didn't get a pick of the neck plate but u can see the oxidation on the p'up covers in one pic
4. If u look very closely in the pic of the neck past the 22nd fret, u can see a hairline crack in the paint near the corner of the neck joint, tried very hard to get a pic, that was a tough one it's so small lol
5. Frets are in terrific shape and i didn't get any fret work done when i had it looked over cause i didn't want anything to get messed up. Only con on the frets was a pinhead-sized area of oxidation on the 8th fret inbetween the A and D strings, but when i rubbed it it started coming off. I guess its a side effect of living so close to the ocean, but that was the only blemish i could find while inspecting the neck.

Besides these things i couldn't find anything else to mention and i hope i've been pretty thorough. I don't want anyone to attempt to purchase this without full knowledge. I believe the pictures speak a lot for themselves to the terrific condition its in Smile Any other questions just ask me.
Russman
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Russman Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:22 pm

Oops forgot to mention the 3-4 tears in the tolex on the case, although i think it's quite obvious lol. Also the decorative edges of the case have loosened a bit and the glue is, well, gone. But these in no way affect its case-i-ness
Russman
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:10 am

That CL listing comes up as closed?!

Link here to P/bucket....

https://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n580/mustardchief/
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Thanks for the link John, thats a pretty clean looking axe ya got there Russman. Very clean for a pointy, you may get lucky and get the asking price or thereabouts. Good luck with your sale!
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:46 pm

You should be able to get $350 for it, no problem. May have to do EvilBay to do that, though. They've gone for good coin on there before.

I'd scored a never played Dynasty for $275 with case, literally looks brand new like your's probably does. That was from Craigslist. If I could I'd buy your white one too.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down