The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone here interested in a winter Westone Fest?

+2
Warrn
mortarman120gang11c
6 posters

Go down

Anyone here interested in a winter Westone Fest? Empty Anyone here interested in a winter Westone Fest?

Post by mortarman120gang11c Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Well after the fun we had with the Electrafest here in Ga in July I am kicking around the idea of a Winter Westone fest here in Southern Ga. The weather should be good as the average temp here in winter is low around 40's and highs around 60-70 range. I have the site we used for Electrafest and plenty of room so let me know what everyone thinks. This would give those up north a chance to escape the cold but I know travel may be an issue. Just sorta kickin the idea around and I am open to suggestions if there is enough interest. Thanks Arthur I live in Tifton, Ga about 60 miles north of the Ga Florida state line. Thanks again.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Anyone here interested in a winter Westone Fest? Empty Re: Anyone here interested in a winter Westone Fest?

Post by Warrn Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:55 pm

I'm interested but don't you dare hide those Peaveys away again! Laughing
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Anyone here interested in a winter Westone Fest? Empty Re: Anyone here interested in a winter Westone Fest?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:33 pm

I "might" be in for it. It really depends on work and family. I'd love to see everyones guitars and show off a few of mine. I take a lot of selfish time for fishing, so it may not be easy to get a pass for guitar stuff. I think me and Warrn are the only south eastern ones that I know of, but it is awesome that you make the offer of hosting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:30 am

Gotta say, Arthur, that's a compelling offer and I do hope that our American brotherhood can make it happen!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:34 pm

It would not be a problem at all for me. I just hope we can get together and share our love of music and Westones. I will also be open to suggestions for any ideas for the event such as a tech/insprction area, gig area etc such as we had at the electrafest. If I can get the info from my Electra forums friends then I would also like to have the live web cam feed like we did for the Electrafest so that all can enjoy and participate. Please advise as to the best timeline everyone thinks would work well. I would think maybe sometime after the holidays say from Feb-April or so but I am open to suggestions for a good weekend event. Would be great time for all i think and hope everyone can make it. Please give all the feedback you can on this as I am serious about hosting the event. Thanks Arthur
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:21 pm

I lived by Gainsville for a couple of years, too bad i'm not still there. GA is a long way from Oregon! I wish i could say i could be there but funds are low around here. Very admirable of you to try to host this mortarman, we all appreciate it. Very Happy
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:29 pm

No problem for me at all. I enjoy the opportunity to talk Westones and check out other models. I am new to the Westones and have far more of the Electra cousins(aka the Phoenix models ) but I am working on the Westones as we speak. Oregon is a beauty of a state great scenery up there but I agree it's a drive. All are welcome to attend if they can and I hope to make this a reality if enough interest is there.Thanks again Arthur
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:18 am

It may be a good idea to plan one for a little ways in the future (like maybe a year from now, or something of the sort), where we could all plan a trip if we needed to. Thoughts guys?
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:00 am

That is also a good option as I would like as many members as we can get to attend. Keep the ideas rolling in and thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Arthur
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by anaerobe Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:21 am

It would be a first to the best of my knowledge. Nice idea.
anaerobe
anaerobe

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down