The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis II Tone Shaper control

3 posters

Go down

Genesis - Genesis II Tone Shaper control Empty Genesis II Tone Shaper control

Post by gittarasaurus Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:11 pm

(more tone control questions....)

Does anyone have $0.02 to contribute to a discussion about the tone controls on the Genesis II model.

i recently picked up a Genesis II and i find another unique Westone wiring scheme. the catalog calls it a Mid/Shape control. so i am wondering how useful others find this feature :?:
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Genesis - Genesis II Tone Shaper control Empty Re: Genesis II Tone Shaper control

Post by corsair Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:19 am

As far as I remember, not very.... That said, I never really played around with it that much; like most of these circuits, I've found the effect to be quite subtle and most benefit lost at anything approaching stage volume.

My tuppence worth... The other blokes who've got may well say otherwise!!! Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Genesis - Genesis II Tone Shaper control Empty Re: Genesis II Tone Shaper control

Post by nasticanasta Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:31 pm

I gotta agree with corsair here... most all tonal differences I find on guitars like what you describe are very subtle and rarely work at full volume and only have any slight significance when used totally clean, distored, naturally or through effects is completely lost.
nasticanasta
nasticanasta

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down