The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos

+3
TVill25
Westbone
rebuild
7 posters

Go down

Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos Empty Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos

Post by rebuild Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Okay gang, here are photos of the locking nut I had made for myself and available for all of you, too. The first two photos are a black original locking nut next to the new and improved nut. The third photo shows both nuts along with the cap screws and clamps in the background. The fourth photo shows the new stainless steel nut with the cap screws and zinc mounting screws which I will also supply to each of you whom order one of these things. (Sorry, I cannot supply the flat clamps because they take too long for me to fashion by hand). The fifth photo is an example of both nuts installed on guitars. And the sixth photo shows the string angle while passing through the duplicate locking nut. Please notice on photo #6... the low E string and the A string are not exactly straight in the space between the graphite nut and the locking nut, but this seems to have no effect on the tuning stability once the strings are tuned and played a few times (as with any tremelo unit).
Once I get a few more of these locking nuts made...I promise I will then proceed on getting more string claws made for those of you whom are interested in them. I am also thinking about having replacement tremelo arms and their bushings made too. But if any of you guys know if tremelo arms are already available somewhere, please let me know to save me time and money.
For those of you interested in the locking nuts or string claws...let's just make this easy...my name is Steve, ph # 801-631-3773. If I don't answer, simply call back later rather than leave a message. Thanks for looking. Hope this message can help some of you...rebuild (Steve).

Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos S7300972

Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos S7300973

Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos S7300981

Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos S7300985

Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos S7300986

Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos S7300987
rebuild
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-01-26

RevDoc likes this post

Back to top Go down

Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos Empty Re: Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos

Post by Westbone Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:32 pm

That looks the business alright.... Smile Nice one. If you wanted a black one, could always spray it or powdercoat it.

These arms fit the FT type bridge, used them quite often as they usually go missing
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tremolo-arm-6mm-thread-chrome-black-gold-whammy-bar-/390252511576?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item5adcdcc158

Here's a good bit about the FT trem. The threaded sleeve is only fitted to the FT and Tekglide II bridges.
http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t1902p20-spectrum-gt-gran-turismo
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos Empty Re: Locking nut...Complete sucess...see photos

Post by rebuild Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Wow... Thanks tons Westbone for the info on the trem arms and sleeves. Now I won't have to keep my word on creating a bunch of 'em. And I can order myself a little handful of the rascals. Thanks so much...Rebuild.
rebuild
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by TVill25 Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:44 pm

Stewmac 6mm tremolo bar.
http://www.stewmac.com/Shopping;jsessionid=C53DB5897AE859ED84DC1362C68DA347?actn=search&keyword=6mm+tremolo+arm&x=13&y=4

You'll be getting a call from me soon.

Thanks for all the work.
TVill25
TVill25

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kfa1977 Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:47 am

Any chance you have any of these for sale? The complete lock?
Kfa1977
Kfa1977
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:54 pm

You've noticed the date on this thread, yes?? It's nine years old....

PM knicelyr...
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kfa1977 Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Yep, is that a yes? Anyways. Pretty cool work. You could sell a pile of these. They are impossible to find as I am sure you know.
Kfa1977
Kfa1977
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:30 pm

Send a private message to forum member knicelyr and request the parts you need.

He's been working on a casting method to replicate the Westone string locking mechanism as well as the Switchmaster knobs.

Read through This Long Thread and about half way through you can follow the development of his work as he restored a Dynasty.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8685
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kfa1977 Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:32 pm

Awesome thx.
Kfa1977
Kfa1977
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rjpring Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:55 am

I'm in need as well, let me know what you find out
Rjpring
Rjpring

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down