The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

string claw/retainer & locking nut prices

3 posters

Go down

string - string claw/retainer & locking nut prices Empty string claw/retainer & locking nut prices

Post by rebuild Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Okay, this is way premature and little to no help for now...but I have dropped off a locking nut assembly and a string retainer at a machine shop to get a price on duplicating them so some of us can have access to certain replacement parts for our Westones. The guy that does the work on these small intricate parts will not be in until tonight, thus I won't have any information until later. So sorry to keep anyone hanging, but I'm doing the best I can as I need some of these parts myself. Also, please keep in mind that duplicating these parts to precision might cost too much for me to even follow through with this crazy idea. I will keep you all informed, Thanks.
rebuild
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

string - string claw/retainer & locking nut prices Empty Re: string claw/retainer & locking nut prices

Post by The Chad Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Thanks for taking the time to check this out. Others have gotten pricing before I think, but each machine shop will be different and maybe this will be a good one for us.

I just thought about the string claws last week when I was restringing my FX. I kept sheepishly watching them while I was tuning to see if one would break. Laughing
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

string - string claw/retainer & locking nut prices Empty Re: string claw/retainer & locking nut prices

Post by rebuild Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I inspect my tremelo unit with a magnifying glass before I shred into oblivion ( lol ). But seriously... having more string claws made is NO problem. My concern (as with all of us I guess) is the cost of the locking nut assembly. I'm already thinking the machine shop guy probably won't call me for a few days to discuss the situation. I suppose he has a life going on...dangit.
rebuild
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:42 am

I'm reasonably sure that breaking the wee arms off the string claw happens when you aren't paying attention and the string ball gets caught on the outside of the claw, not the inside and thereby puts an awful lot of pressure on only one side of the thing.

But this is great; well done, fella; I'll be a starter as well for a set....
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by rebuild Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:46 am

Absolutely, corsair... your request for a set of string claws has been noted and will be machined ASAP. Please read my new blog entitled "Locking nut...yeah right".
rebuild
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Laughing

No worries here, mate - I'm in no huge rush....
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down