The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Headless vs Thunder electronics

2 posters

Go down

Super - Super Headless vs Thunder electronics Empty Super Headless vs Thunder electronics

Post by SchOX Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi I'm new to this forum, and am searching for some info on repairing my Super Headless Bass active electronics.

I've searched the web for answers, but can't find a definitive answer, so I turn to you (fellow Super Headless owners).

Is the Op-Amp in the SH the same as the on in the active Thunder basses?

Found this here:
www westoneguitars.net/fixme/wiring-diagrams/thunder-series%E2%80%94active-models/thunder-active-guitar%E2%80%94trouble-shooting-circuit-version-1/

LA6358 dual op-amp. These may be difficult to obtain, and can be directly replaced if needed by an LM358

So If you know, or have the possibility to check if your SH Bass have a LA6358 or a LM358 - mine does not, it has a RC4558P, and it eats battery like there is no tomorrow Wink

With Best Regards
Thomas S
SchOX
SchOX
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-12

Back to top Go down

Super - Super Headless vs Thunder electronics Empty Re: Super Headless vs Thunder electronics

Post by Iceman Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Welcome Thomas,

Not sure about the more technical questions but battery life I will offer a guess at.

Many Westones with active circuits and effects I understand use the input jack as the on/off switch. Basically if it is plugged in it is using the onboard batteries, amp powered up or not.

Perhaps a chance this may be your issue as well. Do you unplug yours each time after playing?
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Super - Super Headless vs Thunder electronics Empty Re: Super Headless vs Thunder electronics

Post by SchOX Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks Iceman!

yes, the bass has indeed the jack as a power switch, and as my Washburn also has "jack" switch for the electronics, i never leave the jack in the bass when not playing.

But you are absolutely right, that the first thing I checked, that the switch in the jack output was working like intended.
SchOX
SchOX
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down